Chapter 8

"I checked Nigou and saw some of his furs got burnt," Satoru informed them causing all eyes to turn to Kasumi and Baji.

.

.

.

"Kasumi...what did you do to Nigou?" Mrs.Okimoto asked.

"I left the dog outside before getting some dog snacks. When I came back Nigou was gone and then when I meet Baji-san, he was holding Nigou. He told me that Nigou was caught in a fire," Kasumi told a half-truth.

"Did you add any leash to Nigou's collar?" Aki asked.

"Unfortunately, I forgot them when I ran out of the house," Kasumi replied.

"Why did you run out of the house," Mr.Okimoto asked which caused Mrs.Okimoto to flinch.

"Mom was holding a knife," Kasumi looked at her father with a non-expressive face.

"Dear...you shouldn't take your knife everywhere you go. What if you trip and the knife went flying out to the kids..." Mr. Okimoto softly scolded his second wife.

"Sorry...I was busy cutting the meat. and the kids were arguing," Mrs.Okimoto laughed sheepishly.

"What were you kids arguing?" Mr.Okimoto asked.

"Mom told us to walk the dog. But I'm feeling sleepy so I asked Kasumi to walk the dog but she declined," Aki replied.

"If you weren't faking...then I might take your request," irks mark appeared on Kasumi's head.

"calm down, you're forgetting we're having a guest here. End this conversation here with appreciating Baji's kindness," Mr. Okimoto sighed as he started to look at some newspaper.

"Thank you Baji, for saving Nigou," Kasumi and Aki said.

"It's no problem," Baji replied.

"Okay, Aki. Tell me my fortune. I decide to take invest in company T," Mr.Okimto said as Aki placed 9 cards in 3by3 on the spaces between his and his father's plates.

Mr.Okimoto picked a card and gave it to Aki.

"You will face bad luck," Aki said.

"Then I'll invest in company Z," Mr.Okimoto took another card.

"You will face a financial problem," Aki said.

Mr.Okimoto tried again and again but ended up with bad luck.

"Did you put all of the bad-end cards on purpose for father to pick?" Satoru asked.

"There's no way, I'm going place the family's money on some stocks," Aki scoffed.

Mr.Okimoto didn't say anything for he is too depressed. (╥﹏╥)

The front door opened again; revealing Daisuke.

"Sorry for the intrusion!! I was lonely eating dinner alone so I came to eat with you. Here are some Chinese noodles," Daisuke grinned as he showed them a bag full of Chinese noodles.

"Take a seat. We always welcome you to our dinner table~" Mrs. Okimoto said as Daisuke walked toward their dinner table and places the bag in the middle.

The family members took one cup each. Kasumi took two and gave one to Baji.

"Thank you," Baji happily took the container from Kasumi.

"Is he one of your new friends? Aki...Satoru nii-san?" Daisuke asked.

"No...he's Kasumi's new friend..." Aki sighed when hearing the same question.