Chapter 47

No brothers will throw their sister out of their house just because of their own mistake.

Trust me... I used to be a brother

Those words kept repeating inside Kasumi's head. It's 6:00 am already. She got up and took a deep sigh.

" Okay, I can do this!" Kasumi talked to herself trying to give her confidence.

She walked downstairs, there was no one in the living room. She walked to the kitchen, she saw no one. She walked toward the dining room. There was a note and a lunch box and breakfast on the table.

She picked up the note.

We'll need to go to part-time jobs. There is a freshly cooked breakfast and lunchbox. We'll be back by 5 pm. Have a good day. Stay safe.

Love you ❤️

After reading the note, Kasumi found herself smiling widely. However, it stopped quickly after she remembered Sho telling her to tell her brothers the truth.

How will they take it? They are quite close to mom and dad. What would their reaction be if they know that their sister exchanged their parents' life just to save her favorite characters?

After staring at her food for one hour, she decided to take a bite from the cold food. It's too cold for her taste, but she didn't bother to microwave it. She continued eating while the same thoughts repeated in her head again and again.

After finishing her breakfast, she locked the house and began walking to her school. During her walk, she couldn't think of anything. Everything around her is blocked out. A car honked in the distance.

Suddenly, a hand reached out and grab her arm forcefully. She stumbled backward. Her head met the stranger's chest.

" Young lady, you shouldn't cross when the light is red," the stranger spoke.

Kasumi quickly turned her head to the headlight and it was red.

She noticed the car stopped right in front of her.

The man in the car shouted," seriously, kids these days. Watch where you're walking!!!" After that, he drove off, before Kasumi could apologize.

Kasumi bowed toward the stranger behind her.

" I'm so sorry," Kasumi spoke.

" It's okay," the stranger laughs lightly.

" Sora!!!"

When hearing the name, Kasumi and the stranger quickly turned in the direction of the voice. After noticing, each other's actions, they turned to each other.

" Your name is Sora too?" The stranger asked.

Oops...

" Yes... it is," Kasumi lied.

" Ah...I'm sorry, I need to go. My co-worker is calling me," the stranger left after giving her a warm smile.

Kasumi nodded and started to cross the street.

.

.

.

Sho checked through his phone while sitting in a cafe. The door opened along with the bell ringing. Sho snapped his head toward the sound but got disappointed. He sighed and directed his attention toward his phone.

A drink slammed in front of Sho; he flinched at the sound and raised his head to see 19-year-old college students.

" Is this what I get for waking me at 4 and waiting for 2 hours," Sho spoke with a hint of disgust.