Chapter 29

Yokohama 2002

[When coming to Yokohama, I thought I would spend time with my parents, but they left me alone and went to Kyoto to take care of some kid.]

" So.... I'll be living here?" Daisuke asked his grandfather as both of them stood at the bottom of a high staircase.

" Yup... If you stay alive by the time you reach the top," his grandfather replied.

" What?!!" Daisuke's immediate attention was on his grandfather, but his grandpa was nowhere to be found.

' where did he go!!!?' Daisuke shouted in his thoughts.

' if you stayed alive by the time you reach the top....what are you talking about....'

Daisuke walked upstairs but saw a few small rocks heading toward him from the left. He ducked and safely escape from the trap.

Along the way toward his destination, he found a few arrows, rocks, and nets waiting for him.

' This is torture!! when did he have the time to build this!!!'

As he reached the top, a log swung toward him. He has flown away, crashing into the door of an old Japanese mansion.

" Oh, you survive," his grandfather took a sip from his cup of tea casually.

" Oi, gramps when did you get here..." Daisuke muttered through pain.

" I use a secret doorway," his grandfather replied; taking a sip from his cup of tea.

Irk marks appeared on his head and threw a piece from the broken door toward his grandfather. Luckily, his grandfather dodged them.

" So wanna tell me why you willing to take me in," Diauske sighed and sat in front of his grandfather.

" I just want the Chinese tradition to carry through the bloodline....your mother won't even bother to learn them.. the only choice is you." his grandfather answered.

" Yay... What a great honor," Daisuke sighed sarcastically.

" You still have a freedom a choice. I only teach you what is necessary to learn those Chinese martial arts. You can choose what martial art to learn," his grandfather clarified.

" Fine just give me all," Daisuke sighed.

" That's a surprise," his grandfather faked a shocked expression which irks marks appeared on Daisuke's face in response.

[ And so, I decided to learn different types of martial arts, when remembering my former goal]
.

.

.

2003

" When will they come back?" Daisuke asked while he and his grandfather sat on top of the stairs.

" When the time comes," his grandfather replied.

" Ahh!! I should have stayed back in Shibuya!! I can just hang at Kasumi's house," Daisuke sighed.

" Staying and hanging out at a friend's place is different. It's okay for you to hang at your friend's place but staying at a friend's place for who knows how many days will be a burden to them. You first need to learn how to survive on your own before relying on others," his grandfather said.

" Tsk...if it weren't for those so-called parents..." Daisuke sighed.

" Remember, they have jobs to take care of those orphans," his grandfather sighed at Daisuke's stubbornness.