Chapter 14

Daisuke woke up in a somewhat happy mood. He thought to himself as he walked downstairs, "What a nice peaceful start to the day. Maybe I can take a day off--"

"Morning, what took you so long," Kasumi waved at him casually.

Daisuke couldn't handle the handle situation before him; he fell down the stairs.

"You okay? You might get some brain damage if you're clumsy like that," Kasumi said in a monotone voice as she took a sip from her milk glass.

"Who allowed you here early in the morning!!" Daisuke exclaimed after recovering from the fall.

"You call this early... it's 9:00 am...." Kasumi sweatdropped at Daisuke's common sense.

"To me it is! And what are you doing here?!" Daisuke repeated.

"When I came here, your parent told me that they are going on some trip to Kyoto. They told me to look after you for you somehow cause them trouble every day," Kasumi bluntly said.

"Great... they left their own son in the house home alone while they can go and have a field trip," Daisuke sighed sarcastically.

"I honestly blame you for not waking up early. Your parent told me that they need to arrive in Kyoto before 9 am because they have a business meeting to attend to," Kasumi bluntly replied.

.

.

.

"So why are you here?" Daisuke asked as he finished his late breakfast.

"This," Kasumi said as she place a knife with the cloth surrounding it.

"Has the blood dried up?" Daisuke asked.

"only some. Last night I tried to preserve it," Kasumi answered.

"what are you going to do about it? Turning it to the police?" Daisuke asked.

"Yeah...though I was thinking I should not," Kasumi replied.

"Why?" Daisuke asked with a piping interest.

"I was wondering if it's a wrong decision since it was Draken-san who got stab. Whether he wanted Kiyomasa to be punished is up to him," Kasumi explained.

"You're overthinking it. I'm sure Draken would want Kiyomasa to repent for his action," Daisuke sighed at Kasumi's doubt.

"The police will have to interview Draken about the incidents. With a witness, evidence, and victim, Kiyomasa will be in jail for sure," Daisuke continued.

"Yeah... though we didn't get the mastermind behind it behind bars," Kasumi sighed.

"Kisaki's behind everything but will never get blamed for it because he has someone cover for him," Daisuke sighed heavily.

"So is it useless to put Kiyomasa behind bars?" Kasumi asked.

"Dunno...at least maybe Kiyomasa will learn his lesson to not become someone bait," Daisuke answered as he got up and took the knife that was wrapped around the cloth. He turned his head; beckoning for her to go with him to the police station.

.

.

.

Daisuke is really reliable person... though despite him saying that I'm one of his most important people in the world... I wonder if he meant me...or the one before I came here...

"If you have something on your mind, say it," Daisuke spoke up after observing Kasumi for a few minutes.

"Ehh!" Kasumi was shocked that Daisuke was able to read through her like a glass wall.