chapter 49

A few minutes later, the group walked out of the warehouse.

Daisuke still teased the former tenjiku's heavenly kings. The latter kept pushing Daisuke around and Kakucho got caught in the crossfire.

Chifuyu walked along with Mikey, Draken, and Takemichi who are a few feets behind Daisuke.

Kasumi and Izana walked in front of them.

" I guess... I'm the reason that caused Daisuke to change," Kasumi spoke.

" Maybe....but I might be a part of that reason," Izana replied.

Kasumi sighed and gave a small smile," this is the first I hear something considerate coming from you."

" Remember that. 'cause there won't be a third time," Izana answered softly.

" Third? Where's the second?" Kasumi asked.

"Thank you... You know... Thanks ....for helping Daisuke," Izana looked away; thinking that it was shameful.

Kasumi took one second to take in what just happened. She smiled," no problem...though I don't need your thanks... I will always help Daisuke; whether you ask me or not."

" Also... Thank you for taking care of Daisuke during his stay in Yokohama. The way he told me about his stay in Yokohama...it seems like he had fun there," Kasumi stopped and turned to look back at Daisuke who was still playing with the former tenjiku members.

Izana stopped but didn't turn around. He shrugged and a smile appeared on his face," whatever."

" Ehh?!! Is that it?!!!" Kasumi shouted at Izana.

" You hear me. Whatever.." Izana repeated.

" That's not fair!!! At least say something nice!!!" Kasumi whined.

" There won't be a third time," Izana ignored her and continued walking.

" Bummer..." Kasumi sighed.

" Hey...you should fix your problem first. I don't want you to ruin our next plan," Izana became serious.

" I can try...." Kasumi slowly mumbled.

" You better be," Izana sighed.

As Kasumi was about to say something, someone hugged her from behind; stopping her.

Kasumi looked up to see Chifuyu with a sad smile.

" This is the first I can see your expression in a while," he said with a soft voice.

" Chifuyu...." Kasumi spoke.

" I'll walk her home," Chifuyu turned to Daisuke.

" Um...sure..." Daisuke said as he and his friends stopped what they are doing.

" Let's go... There's some preparation need to be ready," Izana ordered as Daisuke and the former tenjiku's members followed him.

Mikey sighed," thought I can talk to him... Looks like he's busy."

" You got that right," Draken said.

" I wonder what's the preparation they're talking about," Takemichi whispered.

" Dunno~ let's go for ice cream!!" Mikey smiled childishly.

Draken and Takemichi gave a small relief. They ran to catch up with Mikey.

.

.

.

Chifuyu and Kasumi sat on the bench facing the ocean. The tense atmosphere between those two can be visible.