Chapter 37

The clock ticked  6:00. Kasumi woke up and walked toward the kitchen to find Aki making breakfast.

" Shocker~ I didn't know you can make breakfast," Kasumi teased her stepbrother as she sat at the dinner table.

" Haha real funny. My cooking skill is still better than yours," Aki sighed.

" Yeah, yeah. So where's Satoru?" Kasumi asked.

" He went on a morning run with Nigou," Aki replied as he turned off the stove.

" Okay, it's done. Satoru will be back anytime soon. Kasumi, help me set up the table," Aki said.

Kasumi stood up and took the plates and spoon from Aki and set them up on the dinner table.

After finishing setting up the table, Satoru came back from his morning run just in time.

" Hurry up! We'll be going to eat all of your shares," Aki shouted as Satoru rushed toward the bathroom for a shower.

After Satoru finished taking his shower, the siblings started to eat their breakfast in silence.

" Hey...do you think we moved on a little bit too fast..." Aki asked; breaking the silent atmosphere.

" What do you mean?" Kasumi asked.

" You know our parents' death is just around 2 weeks ago....and we are here; moved on and continued with our life...I feel like it's wrong," Aki replied.

Satoru places his spoon down and walked upstairs.

" Nii-chan where are you going? You haven't finished your breakfast yet..." Kasumi turned toward Satoru's direction.

" I realized that I forgot something. Be back soon," Satoru answered.

After a few minutes, Satoru came back with his phone.

He sat down and pressed the play button for audio.

Satoru....sorry

"That's mom's voice!!" Aki shouted.

We got into a car accident. We're not sure if we're gonna make it or not

But please don't worry

Don't worry about moving on. That's just how life goes. It won't stop for anyone. So please tell your siblings to live a great life.

We will always watch after you with Kasumi's mom

I'm sad that I can't watch you three graduate.

Kasumi...thank you for accepting me and my sons as a part of your family... I'm really glad to meet you and your father

Aki.. don't stay in the past for too long. There are times you need to move forward

Satoru... I'm sorry that we can't go to your graduation. Please look after your siblings. Don't spoil them too much

And for one last time, please live a memorable life.

After the audio ended, the siblings started to cry.

Satoru hugged Kasumi and Aki came toward both of them and hugged them both. The three cried for hours.

.

.

.

Kasumi's phone buzzed as a notification popped.

She turned on her phone.

Mikey

 meet me and the others at the Musashi shrine at 6 pm