Chapter 42

Warning: There might be some graphic descriptions

1 week later

" Hey, How's Kasumi?" Fon asked as he sat on a couch while Diasuke looked through his fridge for something to eat.

" She's currently on a date with Chifuyu. Hope she's better after this" Daisuke replied as he took a box of ramen and turned on the stove.

Fon noticed a frown on Daisuke's face.

" Are you angry?" Fon asked which caused Daisuke to stop what he's doing abruptly.

At first, Daisuke tried to deny Fon's claim. However, with every passing second, the feeling became clear to him.

" If I'm being honest ... Yeah....both at myself..... and Chifuyu...." Daisuke slowly admitted his feeling.

" I thought I can calm her down...thought she could rely on me just like I rely on her..... But somehow Kasumi chose Chifuyu to rely on...." Daisuke continued sorrowfully.

" That's because you depend too much on her. It causes her view that you are incapable to comfort her," Izana jumped in the conversation.

Daisuke and Fon turned their head; shocked to see Izana sitting at the dinner table; eating rice cakes casually.

" Wha- when...?" Daisuke couldn't formulate his words.

" Been here the whole time ... The Haitani brothers told me what happened," Izana said.

" Oh," Fon said.

.

.

.

" Where are we going?" Kasumi asked.

" Maybe to a cafe....wait where is a place I would like to show you. It's really beautiful," Chifuyu said excitedly.

" Sure!" Kasumi smiled. Suddenly,

All she could see was red. Chifuyu's body was on the ground; lifeless as blood oozing out. She could see the broken bones and organs poked out under his skin; as the truck retreated. She couldn't breathe, all she could smell were metallic scents from the blood.

She pulled Chifuyu harshly which caused him to fall on his butt.

" What's going?" Chifuyu stood up to see Kasumi's pale face.

" Traffic .....truck.....you shouldn't cross the street....." Kasumi's speech was jumbled up.

" Kasumi...it's okay...the light is red....and we can cross the street safely," Chifuyu reassured her as he pointed to the traffic light with his index finger.

" But ...what if.....if...." Kasumi couldn't finish her sentence as the images kept replaying inside her head.

" Kasumi....is there anything you want to talk to me about?.... You don't look good....maybe you should go home....we can go on another date at another time," Chifuyu held her shoulder and tried to calm her down.

Am I a burden..... Those images were just my imaginations....no no no no no no not again...I don't want to imagine those things!!! Chifuyu wants to cancel the date because of me....am I a burden?

Kasumi tried to calm herself down. She took a long deep sigh....but it didn't help. She decided to hid.

Kasumi looked back at Chifuyu and smiled," it's fine. I'm just overreacting....maybe a bit overcautious. Let's go to the place you want to take me."

Chifuyu was hesitant. It took him a few minutes to decide.

He took Kasumi's hand and walked across the street toward their destination.

It was a long walk. Kasumi tried to stop herself from imagining every dreadful situation they might end up in.

They reached a building. The sign said, Parco.

It's Shibuya Parco. It's a shopping mall.

Wait.... wasn't Shibuya Parco opened in 2019.... the timeline in this universe is so confusing...

" At the top, there is a garden and we can watch the most beautiful sunset there," Chifuyu explained.

Chifuyu pulled Kasumi into the elevator and pushed the button to go to the highest level.

After reaching the highest level, the elevator door opened. As it opened, Kasumi was showered with orange-yellow rays and the green colors of the garden. It was the most beautiful scene she has ever seen. The garden has tables, chairs, benches including flowers, and tall bushes. Above all, she could see the orange-red sky and the sun setting down. All of these factors were able to calm her down. Kasumi was able to breathe slowly.

" Beautiful right?" Chifuyu spoke behind her. Kasumi turned around to meet his eyes. She gave a smile and then a big grin," it is!!!"

Chifuyu walked her next to the fence to see the full scenery. Kasumi sighed in relief as no gruesome images were popping up in her head. Suddenly, Chifuyu hugged her from the back. Kasumi blushes and started to stumble over her words," chi... Chifuyu!!!"

" I'm glad...I'm glad to see you this happy...I thought I was a bad boyfriend," Chifuyu admitted.

" No... you're not a bad boyfriend... I'm sorry," Kasumi replied.

" Could you tell me what's going on inside your head," Chifuyu asked and turned Kasumi around for her to face him.

" You can tell me anything," Chifuyu gave a warm smile.

It took Kasumi a few minutes to grasp everything. However, every passing second, she could feel guilt building inside of her.

Why...why...am I am feeling guilty... What did I do...

A memory then slipped inside her.

Baji-san's .... Death...   Why .... Am I thinking about that...

That's right... That's was when I wasn't willing to change the plot...

" Kasumi? Are you okay? It's okay...if you can tell me anytime you want," Chifuyu broke her thoughts.

What a good boyfriend he is... That's why he's the best boy in the series...

Maybe it's wasn't right for me to get in a relationship with him.....

" Kasumi...." Chifuyu was shocked to see tears flowing down her eyes. He tried to wipe her tears, but Kasumi already did it.

" I'm sorry," Kasumi spoke; trying to calm herself down.

" Let's take a break," Kasumi continued.

Chifuyu was bewildered. He couldn't understand what Kasumi's meant. He was curious but chose to not question it.

He nodded. Both Kasumi and Chifuyu walked back to the front of Shibuya Parco.

Upon reaching Kasumi's house, Kasumi waved goodbye. Chifuyu did the same. However, the current atmosphere wasn't like the one when they watched the sunset. It was full of confusion, guilt, and anxiety.

Kasumi quickly locked herself inside her room. She slide down against the wall and looked out of the window in front of her.

Did...I..... I can't tell him... I don't know what's his reaction will be... I'm scared of what he's going to think of me...

Heh.... seriously....why does all relationship I have, always go this way...

Chifuyu slowly walked back to his apartment. He thought to himself, " Kasumi.....am I not a good boyfriend for you. What are you trying to hide from me... Why can't you trust me...."

Unknowingly, both Kasumi and Chifuyu had the same thought running through their heads,

" Am I a burden to you.....did we just break up"