Chapter 43

I'm so sorry for not updating this story. This week was my first week into high school, so I got busy with classes, extra classes, school-related stuff, etc. Seems like I will be updating this story every Sunday if possible.

" Hina, did you talk with Kasumi-chan yet?" Takemichi asked as they both sat on a bench in a park.

" Yeah, I did. She isn't doing well," Hina sighed.

" What about Chifuyu?" Hina asked.

" He's.....not doing great also," Takemichi answered.

" What's wrong with those two... All of a sudden have a break-up," Hina huffed as she leaned her head against her palm.

" Chifuyu told me," Kasumi wants to take a break. She seems to have many things going on in her head. So I'm going to give her some space and not worry about me and the relationship between her and me," " Takemichi quoted Chifuyu's word.

" Is he an adult?" Hina commented.

" His words sound a bit mature," Takemichi agreed.

" What about Kasumi...did she say anything?" Takemichi continued.

" She said," I told him to take a little break. And I feel like I'm a burden to him. With the condition I'm in right now, I don't think we would have a good time together. I would spoil it with my overcautious tendency." " Hina requoted Kasumi's words. A flashback suddenly struck her head.

Flashback

" If you have trouble expressing yourself, why won't you just paint it as always," Hina told Kasumi.

Kasumi was hesitant to start on her piece, but Hina encouraged her.

After a few hours, Hina was shocked at how graphic and detailed the piece was. She covered her mouth with awe and terror. She never saw a piece that has so much blood and raw flesh and bone.

Kasumi then stopped what she was doing," you get the point now?"

" Hmn" Hina nodded, speechless.

" Right now... I'm being over-cautious. I don't know when it started... But all I know is that it's getting worse after I was able to picture things clearly," Kasumi stared into the void.

Hina walked toward her friend and hugged her. " Why did you tell me this sooner,"

" Sorry....before it's a mild thing," Kasumi leaned into Hina's embrace.

" Is this why you decided to break up with Chifuyu-Kun?" Hina asked.

" Yeah....." Kasumi spoke softly.

" How are you feeling now?" Hina asked.

" Hurt," Kasumi clenched her chest where her heart was located in.

" Do you want to be alone?" Hina asked.

" Yeah...I might join you and the others later," Kasumi replied.

Hina gave Kasumi a tight hug and left the house with a wave of goodbye.

End of Flashback

" So....they believe that it's their fault. Did they even agree to break up?" Takemichi asked.

" If you're talking about them.... pretty sure they just subconsciously think that they need to be apart from each other if they are a burden to each other," Hina replied.

" I've never seen a couple that is this reflective on their actions," Takemichi sighed. He turned his head sideways and saw Aki giving a sorrowful Kasumi a piggyback ride.