Deranged Mother

The room was tense. Words were flying about same as firecrackers, eliciting a spark from whoever paid attention. The matters of the war wasn't over and its repercussions were clearer now. The time of unity was falling apart and everyone wanted to be the best man seen to achieve such a feat. Or lady. Oh yes, even Hilliary, my mother in law, was involved.

"This does not suit our expectations as a pack," one elder said dismissively. "A divided enforcement will lead to a great fall."

"Not if that pack is too large to cover every single bouts of internal war," Victor Senior stated, his hands firmly on the table as he stood his ground. "The head must have a different position than the foot. Both cannot do the same, yet they still work together. It is a fine mechanism."

"To be fair, this mechanism does need some tweaking," I interjected. Some heads were turned to me, some were not. "You have to keep in mind that the head and foot are also in different locations and as such have two different functions. However, if a foot is severed the body continues to function. A head? The outcome would not be the same."

"Were you not warned to rest, Luna." I smiled at the second in command, my husband's guard dog. I believe he was the Beta. There was a low growl. And no, it wasn't coming from me. As much as Victor seemingly paid no mind to me, he still demanded there be respect towards me.

Thank you, I mind linked as his Beta quickly fell asleep.

Before I could acknowledge him however, an elder also added, "yes, yes. She has a valid point. This is why I believe more zeta should be involved in this."

"Our Zetas are few at the moment. There are too many that are young pups and we are still trying not to have too much attention be on them," Victor Senior replied, his gaze moving across the room. He raised an eyebrow at me and I shrugged. Yes, I know I should be in bed. No surprise that everyone could see the mark. "Instead, I believe our plan of having more scouts be implemented in our strategies is a better idea which should remain."

"True, but for internal conflicts?" the park's Delta commented. He shook his head. "That's just wasting of human resources."

"Plus we have to keep in mind that there can be a test of loyalty. We aren't entirely dealing with outsiders here." I added, to which I got some nods and pondering faces in return. Okay, so how well was the plan put together?

"You would know of betrayal best, Luna." I narrowed my eyes at the Beta. He was getting on top of my nerves now and I was already irritated with his Alpha.

The discussions continued as I made no effort to answer the Beta or place my input on the matter. Besides, the Alpha was yet to say anything. Yes, I did notice. Not like anyone else seemed to actually care at the moment.

It seemed there would always be a ruckus when it came to werewolves and planning. I mean, a lot of pent up anger and stubbornness from our more primal instincts can cause that. There wouldn't even be a surprise if some turned wolf on site. Another warfare I smelt in the air? Just maybe.

Victor paid no mind to me as his father spoke. Did that bother me? Not at all. To say that we weren't talking was an understatement. First of, who the hell was he? And why did I feel so clingy?

Well I was about to suffer because there was no way I could overlook that. In front of people-

I mean, I swore I saw something flash in Nathan's eyes as he approached the bastard. The fact that I stopped him seemed as if it made the tension between them worse. Nathan was a brother to me. Of course he wouldn't stand for such an intimate act being done so coldly.

The audacity of this man- no, wolf. He acted as if he had no control. None at all. He made it quite clear he was not thinking rationally. What got into him? I had no idea. All I know is that Nathan was too close to trying to rip his head off.