Empty Eyes

Another darkness cloaked me and I was tired of how weak I was. Why was I so easy to fall unconscious?

But I managed to see light through slits this time, slits I was afraid to make wider. My head was already aching from the tidbit of burning light to my sensitive eyes.

So no dark place right now.

"You're lucky I spared your life after that stint you pulled," I heard him say and I fought the ache if my eyes to shut, searching for him.

Someone chuckled. I froze. "That take over was more than a stint."

It was my brother. Before I knew it, I was launching myself after Greg who managed to stay away from my clutches. Barely. Who knew I could wake up with such a burst of energy?

But I was still seeing darkness as I didn't even open my eyes. I could feel red covering me though and the urge of my wolf to kill.

"Lovely, calm down!" I was pressed to the bed, barely able to move due to a giant block of muscle that could no other be my...I mean Victor. It still felt funny to say my husband. "Crap woman! He won't be going anywhere, you can kill him later."

And that surprisingly had me calming down. My eyes still refused to open. Resting my head against the soft pillow, I tried to relax and think good thoughts. All came to mind was blood letting, torture and howls of pain. I could hear my sharp quick breaths, seeming to make the loudest sound in the room.

"So much for not killing me," I could hear Greg and that irritated me, but I remained silent as I tried to focus on my breathing.

"Open your eyes honey," he was no longer on top of me, the sudden shift caused me to open my eyes in a kind of panic...okay in a panic that I found myself ripping my eyes open. But sadly that was all the energy I had left in me because I couldn't reach out to him nor keep my eyes open long enough to get a good look on him. I don't think I have ever felt as tired...it was as if I didn't have an ounce of energy left inside me. None whatsoever...I couldn't imagine being anymore...dead. "Okay, I guess your energy isn't up to it. Sleep."

"No."

Even that one word sounded way too small and weak. Dad would've given me a look to get myself back into training pronto. It was something he considered I should've still been doing to be honest. At that, I made it a reminder to go to training with Dad. This couldn't have happened to a fitter person as easily. Or could it?

"Leave," I heard him send out a command which I knew was to my brother. My first thought was that he would be fuming like all those times Dad told him to do something, but I heard no evidence of that; no stomping, no fuming, and all in all, no immature behavior. He even took care not to slam the door. Which made me second guess a little of killing him. He was my brother after all. Then I felt the bed give away a little as he climbed into the bed beside me. Apparently I found the energy then to fix my throbbing head into the crook of his neck as he swallowed me whole in his arms. The heat he was emitting was all too comforting. Where these arms really the arms I would always have to comfort me? "You know I can't stop loving you right?"

My tongue felt suddenly too heavy in my mouth and my throat became a dessert. I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time. Thankfully, and kinda not-so-good either, I didn't have any energy left in me for that.

"You could be worse." I managed to croak out. He chuckled at that, while rubbing lazy circles on my lower back while his other hand branded the back of my knee. It was such a wonderful moment; the music and vibrations of his chuckle, and just the presence of him. My mate. My husband. "You know that you can't leave right?"

I could feel his grin as he kissed my temple, something that painted a smile on my lips. With a sigh, I felt myself melt further into him. It was that kinda of moment to always remember where the silence wasn't heavy or awkward and there was no tension. Something I felt was between us since forever; peace.