That Thing...That Happened

My mother looked down at me from where she stood at the doorway to the balcony. Yep, the bedroom had a balcony that I didn't realize until I accidentally tripped putting on my underwear and banged my head on the wall. More importantly, I banged my head on a button on the wall.

Place wasn't that ancient after all.

"You really eating all that chocolate?" I took it as a rhetorical question and continued eating. "It amazes me everyday why you aren't diabetic."

I stopped immediately and stared at her. She stepped back, seeming taken aback by the sudden attention I gave her.

"Werewolves can have diabetes?" I asked confused and she shook her head. I simply nodded before continuing to eat.

"That still doesn't give you the freedom to eat so much sweet," was my mother's counter back and I refrained from rolling my eyes.

"Um...it kind of does," I informed her with a mouthful of chocolate cake and she gave me a death glare in return. Well, that shut be up real good.

"Listen to me, young lady," she jabbed a finger my way, her face flush from anger. Wow...was this seriously about a chocolate cake? "You will not be go behind my back spoil your appetite with such sweets. Do you hear me?"

Yes, mother, I thought dryly. I will make sure to eat it in front of you.

"Of course, mother," she seemed to cool down hearing my response, straightening her back and composing herself. "Was there any other reason for you to come all the way from your guest room to mine?"

My mother scoffed, lifting her chin pointedly in the air. I could see how much I looked like her at that moment. Shocking how I never met up to her standards.

"Glad you realized the effort," I wanted to scoff at that. Who knew that she got even more snobby when not at home? Jeez...was that supposed to impress anyone? And why in my presence of all? She parted her lips to speak. I guessed I was going to find out then. "Your father wants you to sleep in the bedroom beside the Alpha's."

I choked. And choked some more. Then there was coughing and hacking.

Yeah, my mom just watched. The Luna watched me almost die. And they expect me to become a Luna with this example.

I swore under my breath when I felt tears leaking out of eyes. Well, that haven't happened in a long time. It must really be a good joke.

"Lovely," the reprimand in that one word alone would fill outer space. And we all knew space was a bottomless pit. "I understand you despise the man, but there is no need to speak such inappropriately."

I really wished I could drown in the glass of water I was jugging down at that moment.

"And that unladylike drinking. You would think you were a maid," Just then we heard shuffling of the maid that was cleaning my room at the moment. Cleaning what? My presence maybe. The woman quickly took her cart and scrambled out. My mother turned to me and I gave her my stink eye. "I didn't know she was there. But that is besides the point," she paused once more, watching me lift the forkful of chocolate cake to my mouth. Yep, she was giving me a stink eye of her own. I immediately dropped the fork back on the plate. "You are going to move into what was originally planned for you to have the room beside Victor."

"And you agreed to this!" I almost screeched, standing up in outrage. How could she and my father do this? It has only been one day. One single day! Did they just think I hated him for no plausible reason? I then realized my mind link was still active and she just read my thoughts. And by the look on my face, the last question was answered. "That is absurd, that is beyond horrible! What next? I am going to have to sleep in the same room with him?"