We Need To Talk

"Hola chica!" I groaned at the sound of Jasmine's squeaky voice at its highest volume. Could there ever be a moment I won't hear her voice first thing in the morning? "Wake up, missy, we have somewhere to be today!"

"Can someone pass me the remote? My ears are bleeding," I stated, my voice muffled into my pillow and under the covers.

"Drama queen," I could hear the eye roll in her voice. "Now get off your lazy ass before I jump on you."

That immediately got me up. One learns from one's experience and the last time Jas jumped on me...let's just say it didn't end well. Especially for me. Although I did like that I didn't have to go to school for three weeks.

"I'm up!" I raised my hands in the air and got out of my bed. I then took off into the bathroom with bra, panties, shirt and jeans in hand. 

"You better be," she retorted with a triumph smile. "Because I am the best cousin you could ever wish for."

"Uhhh," I began before she cut me off.

"Don't you dare disagree!" I laughed as she threw a pillow at me.

"I wouldn't dare disagree," I laughed getting into the bathroom. "I agree to disagree."
And I shut the door before another pillow hits me in the face.

I looked in the mirror first, judging the damage that happened the night before. Sleep did come last night, but I didn't really get to sleep, sleep. Someone, who wasn't Victor, kept popping up in my dreams and I would wake up before anything serious happened in the dream like the thing that werewolves do when they mate, right before they mark. And everything, I felt my heart beating quickly and cold sweat on my face. It wasn't scary, but it wasn't what I wanted.

Seeing that there were only bags, I washed my face, which really didn't make sense since I was going to do that in the shower but it was a habit, and jumped in the shower. In what I presumed to be twenty minutes, I came through the door fully clothed(except for shoes) to see Jas on my bed reading something on her phone. I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"Ready?" I asked her as I grabbed my sneakers and put them on. Why was she so quiet.

It took a moment before she answered and when she did, I couldn't hear what she said.

"What was that?" I asked, trying to irritate her enough to speak louder.

She obviously took the bait as she flared her nostrils and looked up to glare at me.

"I SAID-" I cut her off by holding up my hand for her to stop. I wasn't sure if she actually obeyed out of shock or pure obedience and love for her cousin. Most likely the first one. Stubbornness and defiance was always a stronghold for her.

In a second, I whipped out my phone and took a picture of her. I grinned at her 'I can't believe you just did that' face and showed her my tongue. It was always fun taunting her.

"Give me that phone," she said calmly, but by the look in her eyes, I could see she was ready to pounce on me. It was too early for this.

So I ran.

Being an Alpha's child has its pros. One of them being incredible speed. But she was my cousin. She could have caught me. But training was an essential task in my home. It was like a chore we kids had to do for at least three times a week. And now, I was reaping the benefits.

I was in my car in no time and I grinned at her as I drove out of the drive way leaving her behind. She looked mortified and I felt sorry for her. Before I knew it, my foot was on the brake and the car came to a halt. I saw her approach my car with a cocky grin. She came into the passenger seat with a wicked smile.