Stop Making Me Like You

"So...how are you and lover boy?" I continued to unpack some of her clothes, remaining silent as I ignored her question. I could hear the wheels turning in her head. Obviously they were loud since she haven't used them in a long time, but I guessed it meant something if the wheels in her head were still working. "Is there trouble in paradise?"

Jasmine raised her eyebrows curiously as I stopped to look at her.

"You've only been here for half an hour and you are already irritating me with your pointless inquires," I stated. "When have I ever referred to Victor as "lover boy" or "paradise"? And because you're below average, I will answer the question for you; NEVER."

She rolled her eyes at me as she stood before the full length mirror that took up most of the wall, apparently fixing her boobs in the mirror. Sometimes, I wonder if they're real. Everyone was going plastic after all. She was popular.

"Come on, you guys are mates," she whined and finally thought to help me unpack her stuff. Boy, I was really sweet. "How can you guys not be attracted to each other? I mean, the Moon Goddess would not be so cruel."

I shook my head, pursing my lips. The fact of the matter was that I am attracted to him. How could I not? He was so many different shades of hot. Just delectable. Pretty sure he left broken hearts everywhere he went. But that was to only disguise the horrible beast within. My skin was itching just being within his territory walking distance of him. Or was it tingling?

Images of him above me and that bantering side of him caused me to shiver.

"You're thinking of him, aren't you?" My eyes snapped up to my cousin who was wearing that devilish smile of hers with eyebrows raised. I threw a pillow at her and she laughed. "So when are you going to spread the word of you guys being mates?"

I couldn't believe her. I couldn't believe me. How could I have such reactions to things that should be revolting to me? The worse thing was that I didn't even feel guilty about it.

I shrugged nonchalantly, acting as if I wasn't having a turmoil of emotions inside. But such was life, wasn't it? I think I won a fair share of Oscars for my acting skills.

"He hasn't said anything," I replied with a voice that I hoped was boring enough for her to change the subject. "So how long are you going to stay here for?"

"I don't know," she sighed and jumped on the bed. I glared at her, but she smiled sweetly at me. I turned around to hang up some of her clothes in the closet. Her room was identical to the one I had. Yes, I had been in that room. By the time I came back, my parents had successfully piled all my stuff in this other room that was way too big for just one girl. I mean, it could fit an entire house, and no small one either. Yep, I could definitely see five kids running up and down with their dad and mommy. All happy. The only problem is that these taupe walls wouldn't really fit, but the dark wooden floor and ceiling would probably giving it a warmer environment.

I didn't know where these thoughts were coming from, but I suddenly thought of those children with gray eyes and blue. Some blonde, some dark haired and I could see something of me in each one of them. And him. I stopped myself there. That was all wishful thinking. Things I shouldn't be thinking about.

"I think you should tell people," Jas stated, chewing on a licorice. I raised by eyebrow at her and she rolled her eyes at me. "I know it's not like you, but he is your mate. Everyone will understand you making a claim and so, he would have to announce you guys are eng- I mean, mates. Yes, mates."

"All of that is only assuming I like him," I retorted and she got up with another roll of her eyes to grab another licorice from the bag on the desk beside her bed. Yep, that wasn't small enough to be called a table. "I mean, I would like to save myself the humiliation of being mates with a bastard like that."