The Bond

What was my wish? What was my desires? Was it to marry or to go higher? Could I achieve both?

Blinking, I tried to figure out how those thoughts came to mind so suddenly. Releasing me, my father clasped my hands and smiled at me. I then realized the grave importance of this step in my life. Although this was all simply the ceremony done to make  it known by others that we are mates, it still was an important event marking the day we also allow our wolves and our spirits to join. Probably explains why there was never any jilted bride or groom in our world. The only divorce we really got was death and even then it sears us, forcing us to join our partner. It was shocking how that all came to me. Especially now. Although it was kind of fitting; I was about to get married. To him. The guy I swore I would not get married to. Did I really have to keep my word? I could reject him, just by saying a few words. Would it matter now though? I knew the consequences of such an action and very low likely would I would not go mad and find a second chance mate.

My father kissed my cheek, as I watched Victor approach us. He stretched out his hand to take mine. I glanced up at my father who smiled and gave him my hand, stepping back. I knew that smile was fake, possibly from worrying about mom. I had no time to really ponder that thought for Victor pulled me to him, setting us right before the pack oracle and "priest".

All werewolves sat down, leaving the few humans in the room stand. It was customary I believe since humans, despite being mated to werewolves and becoming more and more apparent in the werewolves community, were still referred to as visitors and that was how they showed their sign of respect to us werewolves. But they didn't stand long as the ceremony began, they all took a seat.

I looked at Victor who was staring at me, those grey eyes of his shifting between shimmering gold night puddles and fog in the night. It wasn't really surprising that he was staring at me, I had felt his eyes on me the entire time, but the emotions swimming in them I did not know or understand. What was going on? Was this really happening? Somehow this still felt like a dream...a dream I wasn't even sure I wanted to be real.

"It is customary to be gathered for such a special occasion as this, but today we are here for the official binding of Alpha Victor and our Luna Lovely," the elderly Oracle smiled at me and I swore I saw a gold teeth flash back at me. She didn't look officially crazy in those obviously expensive robes, but combined with the man voice and the slightly creepy different colored eyes(one was blue, while the other brown) I wasn't sure if the oracle was really a 'she'. "Now as we begin this ceremony, let us be witnesses of this complete binding of mates; a beautiful gift presented to us by the Moon Goddess herself. I predict great things shall take place this night."

She mumbled something before leaving small dark spheres at the side of both of us. They turned a shade lighter, grey I believed but not quite. With that she, yeah I was just gonna go with she until I hear otherwise, stepped back down some steps leaving us on what I realized was somewhat a platform or stage. I never knew Oracles did all this stuff. I always thought they predicted stuff and gave prophecies. What were the elders for?

"He's an elderly priest and Oracle," I turned to the person who whispered to me, my heart hammering at the surprisingly soft caress of his voice. He smiles and I see just how boyish he is and deadly beautiful. His features looked refine in that moment with such a boyish smile that was driving me boy-crazy. Was this really love? Or simply infatuation? Most importantly, without this mate bond would it have even been possible? "I have a feeling you have never been at a wedding ceremony," I narrowed my eyes at him. Was it that obvious? "No worries, I won't let anything go wrong."

This I nodded to, even though I didn't think he had the power to really decide that. That was when he leaned back, giving me enough breathing space to breathe normally again. I didn't even realize I was holding my breath. The cocky bastard was back to himself, flashing me a not-so-subtle smirk. Bastard. My face betrayed me by cracking a smile it was too late to stifle. His eyes softened then.