Mark Of The Beast

"Who hates it here?" I asked to which I got no response. "I know the answer to this one. You do!" I sighed. Still no response. "So I see you and Luna Hillary still talk. That must be nice."

"This pack will be defeated with a Luna like you."

I rolled my eyes. So conversation was gonna be dull as always. Just great. Tell me why I was born again. I folded my arms. No sense in thinking like that. Victor would have been a wreck without me. A total wreck. He would have been without me- impossible. My birth was necessary. I peered at her with some concentration. Did I look more in power? I hope so. After all, isn't power an illusion. Someone needs to argue on me with that. I am officially dumb so I might need some education on that one.

"Well you should have helped me to be a stronger one, don't you think?" There was silence at that. Ahhhh. Cat finally caught the tongue. Silence. Just empty silence. This brick walls were reinforced with silver lining and bars giving quite a cold shiny illusion to goodness, but then the doom of where dreams come to die. Which is a good thing seeing that most of those dreams were probably for killing. Sigh. Why must we be so in tune to our human sides; the only creature that kills...to kill. Damn, I need a nap after this. Was that a headache coming on. Okay, I was officially annoyed now and I knew I looked p!ssed. Which is good. In this situation at least. I brought my mint green sweater tighter to my chest. Okay, not good. I quickly released it to flutter to my sides as I then folded my arms. Yes...boss moves. Pretty sure I didn't look how I pictured in my head but the idea was there. Checking her facial expression, she wasn't impressed. The nerve of this woman- I looked up at the ceiling wondering why I was here. Like was she really gonna continue to do this. I mean, I did need to take a bath when I left here for sure with the scorn she kept glancing my way. Damn, was that a rat that just scattered pass? No wonder she was in a cranky mood. "So I hope you like the living arrangements you will be in a couple days from tomorrow. It's a long journey from here as you should know."

"I don't know what you are talking about," she scoffed, her chin high in the air. I raised an eyebrow at that. She was really acting as if things were back to normal huh? Well this is not then and I wasn't about to make her feel like it. My Dad died. There was no going back from that. "My home has always been quite luxurious and I find it not that far away."

"Well, it be the same so I guess," I turned away and I could feel her all too familiar glare. Yep, the hate was real. "It is your home after all."

"How dare you insult your mother like that," she spat, the disgust making me cringe a bit. How did we become like this? Oh wait, I know.

"How dare you attempt to murder your daughter like that? How dare you allow your son to kill your life partner like that? How dare you plan to destroy not just your daughter's future, but your entire family's?" She looked at me stunned. Did she really think she did nothing wrong? This was just too much. My head started feeling heavy and I just felt strange. A bit out of body. "But that was all in the past and just like those clear displays of how much you care about our family, this too shall pass. After all, my love for you not just spared your life, but also made sure you'd be living comfortably."

"You will dread the day you let me out of here," she snared. I shook my head. Maybe she was right. However, my pups shall not view their mother as one who killed her own mother. After all, what kind of example is that? I needed to walk away and just focus on my duties, my role as a Luna. That was the reason right? Or was I just more scared of killing than I thought? "Your father would be disappointed!"

I stopped in my tracks, the pain of that day causing me to want to tear up while my wolf wanted to tear everything apart. A perfect pair. She really did that. She really mentioned him like that. As if his death was not something that she indirectly caused. Could someone so easily forget all the things they had done? And feel justified? I just couldn't comprehend how all this could be justified though. Was she even my mother anymore? The mate of my late father?