That Was Sweet and All, But Could You Not Do That Again

This world is evil and I am currently convinced of that, especially since I was their victim. Why did he have to be my mate? It just was not right. Probably it was some twisted way of saying I was unworthy. I mean, the guy could read my mind. I could not do that. In this case, being an Alpha's daughter does not count.

"So..." I finally started to say as I realized he was not going to tell me anything more. "Our parents basically planned this?" I gestured between us.

He lifted an eyebrow at me as if to say "are you ill or something?" At least that was what I got from it. I glowered at him in challenge. He was not going to get the upper hand here.

"You seriously expect me to answer that after I explained everything to you?" He asked, his voice a little too reprimanding for my liking.

"Obviously," I replied with a disapproving glare. "And don't speak to me in that tone...boy. I am not a child."

He folded his arms across his chest. The swell of his muscles looked even larger without a shirt. Goddamit! It could have made this conversation better if he didn't. You liar.

"Really? Boy?" He said and I looked up at the breaking dawn. He was way too distracting for one to think straight, especially when speaking of matters as important as this.

"Yes, boy," I snapped, trying to fuel my anger. He was an ass. That was what I had to remind myself constantly about. And he has an attractive ass. "Now answer my question."

"Why should I?" He said nonchalantly. "You're not even looking at me."

I turned to shoot him a glare. "You know what? Forget it." I gritted out annoyed by how casual and unaffected by this he was.

I mean, I was basically drooling and this guy was every definition of 'Mr. Cool'.

I got up, surprisingly steady on my feet, and made my way through the meadow to the forest. Usually, it would take a longer time for me to regenerate from my shift, but it seemed that the junk I ate really did pay off. I hugged myself feeling a little chilly as "my mate" only gave me some white cotton dress. It would have been warmer if it wasn't just it I was wearing.

Before I could disappear into the forest, I felt a hand grab my elbow. I fell back into a hard chest and the air was knocked out of my lungs making me not have enough time to protest.

"Where the hell are you going?" He growled and I whipped around to face his gray eyes that looked like sliver as the first streaks of sunlight made its way through.

"Where else?" I snapped, trying to rip my hand out of his grip to no avail. Stupid Alpha strength! "Now let go of me, so I can be on my way home."

He glares at me, but doesn't releases his grip, even though it had slacken. I returned his gaze with a challenging one of my own.

"And why the sudden need?" He sneered, his face moving closer to mine. "We have been sitting there for hours and you never once indicated that you wanted to go home."

"Sooo....?" I snapped back, bravely moving my face closer to his. "Besides, if it's our parents that caused this mess, then I am sure they can fix it."

I slipped my elbow out of his grasp to leave once again. My heart was beating too fast in my chest and I was all too aware of him. It was as if my senses were acute to him. Only. That alone made warning bells ring off in my head. And I was going to heed their warning. This was too much. He was too much.

I walking through the woods angrily and the next thing I knew, my wrists were trapped in his hand above my head and I was pressed against a tree trunk.