Getting What I Want

It was probably days or weeks before I had finally found something remotely useful. All I knew was that the sun went down and it rose again. And that my mother and servants checked it quite regularly if you ask me. Just when I was getting something good while sipping on some orange juice, my father bursted through the door which was a whole new sort of surprise.

"Dad!" I half yelled, half screamed in shock as he stood there in an impeccable navy blue suit with gold cuffs and a white shirt.

He narrowed his eyes at the little orange juice I splashed on myself and then his eyes flickered to the death grip I had on the glass before finally settling on my face. I blanched and for some reason this was much worse than an assassination or burglary. This was my Dad. That I didn't talk to. Who only spoke to me on 'special' occasions. So yes, this was worse. And I could only stare, wondering what would be his next move. Hopefully not to strangle me.

According to some servant gossip I overheard, my father had quite the temper that was only cooled by my mother. I wasn't close enough to him to know that first hand, but it surely would have made me feel better if my mother was here.

"Oh hey Dad," I smile, schooling my features as not to give anything away. Although my hands were feeling a little clammy. Not like that was a dead give away of how nervous I am or anything. "How are you?"

I was literally biting my tongue as not to say what I really wanted to say since it was so rude yet so true. I was trying to say a quite respectful version of don't disturb me, I am busy here!

I smiled at him, but he didn't return the favour.

"Why are you here?" He asks, his tone crisp and cool like some of my favorite apple juice. Yeah, I am not really familiar with champagnes and wines since I was just seventeen and all.

"Um...reading," I gesture towards the book in my hand. "I think it's time for me to learn about my family's history and all."

The man kept staring at me with that same intensity and I was glad I was sitting for I would be shaking in my boots otherwise.

He lifted an eyebrow at me as he crossed the room, coming towards me with long strides. It was kind of scary how deadly he looked.

Before I knew it, he had ripped the book I was inspecting from my hand. The glass almost fell out of my hand at the sudden action and I decided it would be safer to place it on the small table near the chair.

He towered over me and I felt like I visibly shrunk. What was it with these giant men making me feel extra small?

I folded my arms, stiffened my spine and glared at him. The shock had worn off and I was freaking pissed at him. How dare he disrespect me like that?

"Explain to me the reason you are so particularly interested in the mate bond," he commands me, his Alpha voice prominent. I just continued to glare at him as he held up the book in his hand and stared at me for, what I presume was, my answer.

He was greeted by my silence. I was tired and I was in no mood to be disrespected by anyone. This was where I crossed the line. And I didn't really care if I was only a few weeks before I was an official senior.

"Answer. Me." He gritted out and I clenched my jaw, trying to do the only thing I have never done in forever.

I looked at the book and glanced at him. He was fuming, that much was clear but I wasn't going to be scared.

"I have a theory," he stated curtly, screwing his face to be blank. I was good at poker faces too, so two can play that game. "And I don't want to think of you as that-"