The World Is So Blurry When You're Dizzy

I woke up, staring up at his large form as he moved out of the bed. I frowned up at him as I got up, blinking the sleepiness out of my eyes. Looking out the window, I realized it was still night. What was he doing up now?

"Go back to sleep, Lovely," he stated and I was inclined to obey his order, but when have I ever obeyed anyone without at least arguing?

"Where are you going?" I asked instead, climbing out of the bed at his side. I moved towards him, resting my head on his broad back as my hands went around his narrow waist. My hands went under his shirt, my need to touch bare skin too much for me to not give in. He tensed and I eased back, retracting my hands. This was serious. "What is happening, Victor? Is another pack trying to attack us?"

He sighed, turning around to face me. My hands were still around his waist so I had to lean my head back to meet his gaze. His hands came up to cup my face.

"Some issues have come up with your brother," he informed me and I frowned. Why was he being so vague? He apparently saw the confusion on my face as he shook his head. "I'll answer your questions later, but right now I need you to stay here and not go anywhere with anyone. I need you to remain safe."

I nodded and he moved out my hold, tugging on his pants before heading to the door. Quickly grabbing his wrist, I stopped him before he left. "Is my brother at least safe?"

He sighed before turning to look at me. "Right now, your brother's safety isn't something you should worry about," he told me and I frowned at that. Then what was the issue with my brother? This was becoming more and more confusing. "Your brother is the issue."

My hand loosen on his wrist in surprise as I tried to analyze what he just said. Victor then swiftly kissed me on the lips before leaving. "Stay here, I want you to be safe."

He slammed the door and was then gone. I went back towards the bed, sinking down into its plushness as I tried to really understand what was going on.

Was my brother making this crazy pride of his getting him in trouble? The brother I knew wouldn't be any danger to any. But the last time we spoke and the time before came into mind. He wasn't him. He was all about wanting to be some Alpha King. He wanted to take over from Victor.

I never realized until now but he always hated the Black Diamonds Pack. I never saw a problem with since I hated them also. The facts were there that they slaughtered and killed people far too much to be respected or be over looked. It was just too much. But recently there was no word of all those activities and the more I stayed here in their territory, the harder it was to remember all those things. The past was the past right?

But I never did really get why Greg hated the Black Diamonds Pack. He never really seemed turned off by that. He knew I was. He always made sure to remind me of that. But why did he hate the Black Diamonds Pack? That was when it hit me. This was all a competition to him. His way of trying to come out at top. How did I not see it?

He even told me he wanted to be Alpha King. I shook my head. Was he trying to attack them now? But he couldn't just go and break the alliance and bond between our pack and the Black Diamonds. There was just too much loyal werewolves to both packs and would never participate in an attack. Plus Dad was practically still the Alpha of the North and South America territories. Unless he brought with him the werewolves from our territories in Europe. But that still couldn't be enough to win. One thing I knew about my brother, he had an ego larger than the universe, but he was smart. I would give him that. So why was he causing trouble now?

I let out an exasperated sigh. Maybe he lost his brain on the way of growing up. It wasn't like we spent much time together. It was too early to be thinking about this. I threw my arm over my eyes as I decided shutting my eyes could do wonders for me.