Chapter 4: Surprise Attack

"Hey, Bros, let's go train for a while, you guys need as much help in your preparations anyway," I mockingly say

"We were born ready for this challenge, big bro," Jeremiah says, and Blake nods his head in agreement.

"So how are we training?" Blake asks.

Before I can respond, A mop of black hair covers my face as Serenity runs into my arms. I pull her close to my chest and place kisses all over her face. Jeremiah and Blake stride over and place kisses on her cheek, causing her to blush. "Stop, you're embarrassing me." She mumbles incoherently, as the tint of red on her cheeks darkens.

"Hi, big brothers." She pushes us away.

Serenity is our six-year-old sister. She's so small and fragile, that I can lift her still, I'd do anything for her— for any of my siblings. "How are you, baby girl?" asks Blake.

"I'm fine. I heard your voices out here from the kitchen, so I came to meet you." She smiles her brightest smile.

"We're going to train, princess, so I guess you'll have to visit us later," I place a kiss on her cheek.

"Can you bring me out for ice cream later, Jerome, please?" She gazes up at me through her dense eyelashes and I nod, giving in easily. She skips away, smiling brightly and I cannot help but smile back at her.

We shift into our wolves and the twins flash me a wolf smile. They instantly circle me and I smirk. I believe we are evenly matched because we all have alpha blood. However, it is 2 on 1 and I would never underestimate my brothers. Jeremiah makes the initial move, jumping onto my back, which paralyzes my movement, while Blake starts biting at me. I smirk with admiration and pride for my brothers, — They work together as a cohesive unit.

I shake Jeremiah off and wrap my jaws around Blake's neck. Jeremiah jumps on me again, in this instant yanking on my tail. I tighten my grip on Blake, and Jeremiah bites my underbelly. I whimper loudly and forcefully release Blake's wolf, his body hitting the floor with a thud. I pull away from them, and they flash me a wolf grin once again. I think of a way I can neutralize them both.

I feel a wolf pounce onto me, but its smell does not match that of the twins. He pushes me onto my back and I feel a jaw wrap around my neck, squeezing tightly. I push the body off effortlessly and I notice the twins holding the wolf down. The wolf looks familiar; it is a black wolf, with a stripe of white down its back. The wolf pushes the twins off almost too easily and lunges at me. This time I'm prepared and wrap my jaw around the wolf's neck in a quick second. The wolf whimpers and I let it go.

He then circles me, seemingly planning his attack and the twins latch on one leg each and bite at it while I trap the wolf's neck between my jaw and bite hard. Not enough to kill him, but enough to knock him out for a few hours. The wolf starts shifting back to human form, and we back away to not disturb the process. We shift into our human form as well. I recognize the face of my attacker immediately— It's Gordon, my childhood enemy.

"Carry him up to the pack doctor and when he awakens, summon me!" I command the twins, strolling into the house.

I hear their footsteps following me before I head to our father's office, and they go to the pack doctor. I notice the office is empty, so I sit in my usual seat — thinking. I notice a letter sitting on my father's desk and I read the salutations. It is addressed to his best friend, Leonard Reinne. I place it back down because it might be personal.

I start thinking of the reasons why Gordon would attack me. I also start thinking of ways to punish him. You are immediately executed if you attack the alpha or his family, but I'm thinking of giving him another chance. While pondering, I am interrupted by a deep voice.

"What are you thinking about, boy?" My father's lips twitch into a thin line— rarely ever a smile.

"How to deal with Gordon. He attacked me today." I reply.

"Well, you know the tradition, he is to be executed." He says nonchalantly.

"I do not want to execute him, without knowing his reason." I tap my fingers against the desk.

"That's on you, Jerome. You are the future Alpha of this pack." No expression on his face as he speaks.

"Jerome, he's awake!" Blake shouts.

I get up from my seat and head to the upper clinic, where Gordon is laying down on the bed holding his neck securely. "Hello, Gordon," I say, while my wolf growls in my mind.

"Hello, Jerome." He tries to hold my eyes but fails.

"Why did you attack me?" I get straight to the point, wanting to avoid small talk.

"Because you always get everything." He growls and my wolf growls in response.

"Stand down Alistair before I make you stand down." My wolf Zeus barks, temporarily subduing me.

"Now let me ask you again, why did you attack me?" I rein Zeus in.

"I was supposed to be a challenger for the beta title. I wasn't fucking considered." He exclaims.

"So you attack me? What good does that do?" I question him, and he doesn't respond. "You know the rule, attack an alpha, or his family and get executed."

"I thought I would escape, get away with it." He says and I chuckle loudly.

"You thought you could beat the alpha's sons?" I laugh.

I mind-link a few pack warriors to come to bring him to the holding cell until further deliberation is done among my family. They promptly walk through the door and roughly yank him off the bed.

"You're going to rot in that cell. This is me being pleasant, Gordon." I growl while he is pulled out the door, his legs kicking at the air.

The twins stand there with smirks on their faces. I high-five them in celebration, and we go downstairs into the kitchen— I am starving.

We spot Veronica and Serenity sitting at the table, and we occupy the empty seats near them. The twins sit together, while I sit next to my sisters. Serenity jumps onto my lap and I kiss her forehead.

"Ready to go, princess?" I ask her, and she smiles brightly.

"Yes, yes, big brother." I tickle her sides, and she collapses on the kitchen tiles.

"We will be back," I shout to everybody.

I unlock the car, and she climbs into the passenger seat and buckles her seatbelt. I smile at her with pride.

"Just like you taught me, big brother." She says, and a huge smile adorns my face. I get into my seat and pull out of the driveway. I drive to her favorite ice cream shop and get her Oreo-blast ice cream — her 'second' choice.

 I drive to her favorite ice cream shop and get her Oreo-blast ice cream — her 'second' choice