Chapter 5: Fated Encounter

"Jerome!" my father yells, and I release an involuntary groan

I was peacefully dreaming about the beautiful gray-eyed girl. The pull to her is one I have never experienced before, I have an uncontrollable urge to protect and embrace her. I get off my bed and unwillingly walk to the office where I was summoned to. I walk in and see my father's best friend standing there with a huge smile on his face.

"Son, do you remember my good friend, Leonard Reinne?" He questions, a sly smirk on his well-sculpted face.

I gaze at them weirdly, because their grins mimic each other's own. I am about to speak up when the door swings open, gaining our attention. My mother stands there with an expression of fear all over her face. My father instantly moves to her side, wrapping his arms around her. He whispers words into her ear as a soothing mechanism, and she immediately submits to him.

"What's wrong, Mom?" I ask concerned.

"Come downstairs with me." She says, and we do not hesitate to follow her.

Shock. This is my initial emotion. Tables, chairs, stools are all turned over. Glass is spattered all over the floor from broken vases, frames, and windows. The pictures from the frames are plastered on the wall, and the plants are practically withered. How did we not hear the commotion?

"Who would have done this?" I bellow angrily.

"How did we not hear this happening?" Dad seethes, anger flooding his features.

"Alpha! Alpha!" We hear as a few warriors enter the house.

"Some rogues have crossed the border, but we captured them. They're in the cell." One of the warriors say. They pause to analyze the mess in front of them and shake their heads.

"They were trotting from this house, but we didn't catch them until they were in the Pack House and had already done damage." Another warrior says.

"We will interrogate them right now," I announce to my father, who nods in response.

"Well, I'll come back at a better time, Theo," Leonard whispers to my father.

They embrace each other in a brotherly hug before Leonard leaves. My mother glances between the man leaving the door and my father with eyes of fury. She pulls my father into a corner and I stay rooted in my position. I dismiss the Warriors and thank them for their information before heading to the kitchen -- I'm hungry as usual.

I catch my mother yelling at my father and wanting to know what is going on, I pretend to be foraging for something in the cupboard closest to where they are standing. "Why the hell was he here, Theodore?" She asks, shaking furiously. My father glances downwards -- definitely hiding something. "I wanted to introduce Jerome to him." He lies, his upper lip twitching as he speaks.

"You're lying, Theo! Jerome has already met him." She asserts. He wraps his arm around her waist to calm her down. I have never seen my mother this upset before or at all -- this is an entirely new scene for me.