Chapter 12: Acceptance

"Leianne, you are being ridiculous and difficult!" Artemis complains

"How is that, wolf?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"Talk to Jerome, tell him what you're feeling." She says.

"Why should I? He wouldn't care." I say, folding my clothes and placing them into my overnight bag.

"You're gonna run away from your problems again?" She asks.

"I'm just going to spend the night with Aria and Damien, not run away," I say.

I watch the small box Jerome handed to me on my birthday, sit on my dresser. I couldn't muster the courage to open the gift. I pin my best friend, charm-bracelet, that Aria and Damien bought together as my birthday gift, and exit my room.

"Mom, I'm leaving," I say, scanning her room for her.

"Okay, baby, be safe." She shouts from her bathroom.

"Where are you going?" Jerome asks, and I brush past him.

"To meet my new man," I say, dashing to my car.

I pull out of the driveway and drive to Aria's house. I arrive there and observe the twins' cars. Damn mates and their needy asses. I slam my car door and march up Aria's pathway. Before I can ring the bell, the door swings open and the twins avoid my stare.

"Hi," I greet them nonchalantly.

"Leianne, wassup?" Blake asks, chuckling awkwardly.

"Move in the way, boys," I say.

"I'm guessing no hugs?" Jeremiah says, creating distance between him and Blake.

"Nope, I don't want any sex germs," I say, scooting past them.

"Bye, girls." They say, getting into their car.

"Leianne!" Aria greets me, from the couch.

"Please tell me y'all didn't have sex on the couch," I say, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"We didn't have sex on the couch." She says, and I sigh in relief.

"The floor and kitchen counter, I might worry about that." She says, guffawing.

"Aria, spare me the details," I say, tossing myself onto the couch.

"Well, I wasn't giving any." She says giggling.