Chapter 10: Recovery

"Leianne," I say, but she ignores me, "I can explain

"Leianne," I say, but she ignores me, "I can explain."

"I don't want to hear it," She replies.

"Leianne please," I plead.

"Why were you so intimate with me in the hospital room and you're engaged to my mother." She asks.

"I don't know how to answer that," I reply honestly.

"Alright, Jerome. Whatever." She grumbles.

As we approach our neighborhood she stares at me in confusion. She says, "This isn't the way to my house."

"Yes, it is. You moved." I reply.

"Oh." She mutters, "I live here. Wow, this is a dream."

"Let's go inside. Your mother must be worried." I say as we walk to the front door.

"Hi, mom." She greets.

"L-Leianne, are you okay?" Lenora asks.

"Barely. I can't seem to remember anything." Leianne replies.

"She fell down the stairs and hit her head extremely hard. The doctors say she should be fine during the next two weeks." I explain.

"That's great. I'm glad you're okay and it's simply temporary amnesia." Lenora says.

"How are you feeling, Lenora ?" I ask.

"I'm feeling alright. I don't remember what happened." She replies.

"Maybe that's for the best," I say.

"I'm going to go lie down upstairs," Leianne says.

"I'll show you where your room is," I say.

"That's sweet of you, Jerome," Lenora says, and I nod.

"This is it," I say.

"I'm not surprised. This room has definitely been touched by me." Lei says, "Thanks for showing me."

"Go take a rest babe," I say, her body jerking in response.

"Jerome, I'm remembering," She says.

"What's on your mind?" I ask. I guide her to her bed, then sit at her computer desk. I watch myself expectingly.

"I remember the Beta challenge. Also, you were introduced as the Alpha's son. Falling into your arms a million and one times. I kissed you at a bar, after getting heartbroken. I also remember the news of your betrothal to my mother. That's where it stops." She says.

"You're getting there. You'll know all the answers to your questions without me. Call me if you need anything." I say.

I turn back to look at her from the door and she pulls the comforter to cover her blushing face. I stare at her relaxed face as she rests peacefully. I close her door gently and check on Lenora to see her fast asleep too.