Chapter 13: Explanations

"Your mom told me you would be here," Ariel says

I shift away from Jerome and stare at the grass, what a lovely green it is. He coughs awkwardly and gets off the bench. He kisses my forehead, before moving to the sliding glass door.

"I shall leave you two alone." He says, shutting the door behind him.

"Leianne," Ariel starts.

"I can explain," I state.

"I'm listening." She replies, crossing her legs. "You better have a good reason, because as far as I know, that's your mother's fiancé you were tonguing down."

"Geez, don't put it that way," I say, pouting my lips.

"Sorry, tell me what it is." She urges me.

"He is my mate." I state, emphasizing the word 'my'.

"He is? Oh my gosh, how are you going to explain that to your mother? To anyone?" She asks, and I shrug my shoulders.

"When that time comes, I'll think of how. I was actually trying to fix Jerome's and my relationship first." I say.

"Oh, I'm sorry for interrupting," she says, "'maybe I can get him back."

"Can you give me advice?" I ask nervously.

"Leianne, you know you can ask anything of me." She says, grasping my hand.

"I'm scared about everything. What if my mom doesn't take this well? What if Jerome's family doesn't approve? I'm not sure how the pack will perceive this situation." I gab breathily. Ariel caresses my hands and holds my cheek in her free hand.

"Leianne, you have to handle all of this with Jerome, he is involved in this. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks of your relationship, the moon goddess chose him to be your mate, they can't change it. Your mother should respect that, also, should his family and the Pack. Jasper, Aria, Damien, and I will always support you." She exclaims.

"You're the best sister ever," I rest my head on her shoulders.

"You're the best too, don't tell Aria I said that." She says, and we go into a fit of laughter.

"Hi, my ladies," Jasper says, opening the door.

Ariel promptly jumps into his arms, and they lock lips. I cover my eyes and fake gag at the scene. I feel my shoulder being tapped, and I uncover my eyes after asking, "Is it safe?"

"Yes, it's safe," Ariel says.

I open my eyes slowly and notice them holding each other's sides. I huff and sit on the bench irritated. "What's wrong?" She asks.

"You're freaking cute," I say, rolling my eyes.

"Really, Leianne, how's Jerome?" Jasper asks.

"He's g-," I start.