Chapter 7: I Hate Surprises

Little did I know this woman I said I didn't need to know would be a huge part of my life— not by choice but by force

Little did I know this woman I said I didn't need to know would be a huge part of my life— not by choice but by force. Do you remember the woman with Leonard 2 months ago, her name was Lenora. Lenora Reinne, a 43-year-old woman who my father has arranged for me to marry.

I haven't spoken to him in a while. When he announced the engagement to me a few weeks ago, I didn't want to believe him. He showed me the mansion, and soon after she moved in with her daughter. Inconveniently, her daughter is the girl I could not get off my mind for months — the same girl with captivating gray eyes, the girl who makes me speechless— anytime, I'm around her.

Lenora walks past me and into the kitchen — hopefully to prepare breakfast. The pack knows we are engaged, almost half of them are disgusted by our age difference. I'm more disgusted that my father did not allow me to wait for my mate. I knock into someone, while aimlessly wandering the hall and look down to see Leianne sitting on her butt and rubbing her waist.

"I'm so sorry, Lei." I offer her my hand.

I pull her up gently, and she stares into my eyes, neither of us looking away for a few minutes-- a burning desire glowing in her ash eyes. I have been trying to talk to Leianne since I got the news. I'm only blissful to be here because I get to live with this amazing and intriguing girl. I stand in her door frame and observe as she paces the length of her room.

"He is marrying your mother Leianne. He will never want you. Stop thinking of him like that." She murmurs.

She finally stops pacing and sits on her bed, gripping her scalp tightly. I sit next to her and rub her back, but she doesn't spare me a glimpse.

"Leianne, what's wrong?" She looks up at me with sad eyes, her lips downturned in a frown. I feel the desperate urge to kiss her again. I have to control myself because I am marrying her mother, even if it is for convenience.

"Nothing, Jerome. School is stressful and boys suck." She whispers the latter.

"You know you can talk to me, Leianne," I say. I place my hand on her thigh for comfort and notice her jolt slightly. She does not move my hand, but she stares at it. I slowly move it away— not wanting to make her uncomfortable, but she places it back.

"Well, my ex-boyfriend is constantly trying to get me back. Always trying to get into my pants and I don't want that. There's this new boy in my life, named Chris. We're only talking but I surmise he wants things to be serious. It's my senior year in school and everything is hectic. Losing friends and everything like that." She gabs and then intakes a deep breath.

When she speaks about this Chris, I feel a pang in my heart. Is it jealousy? Am I jealous she's talking to someone else? "I was in your position once. It is stressful and burdensome, but you'll get through it. Ignore negativity as much as possible and solely focus on school. High school relationships are unnecessary." I declare.