Chapter 3:Unforgiving is She

Leianne- Lay-Anne

I quickly walk through the front door, hoping to not get noticed by Jasper or Ariel

I quickly walk through the front door, hoping to not get noticed by Jasper or Ariel. As soon as I hit my bed, I curl into the fetal position, a dull throbbing in my heart. The walls in my room enclose me, my breath hitching in my chest— I want so badly to run him over.

"Why would he do this to me?"I wail from the ache in my heart.

A knock sounds from behind my bedroom door, and I quickly wipe the tears away, unlocking it. Ariel stands there without Jasper, her distraught eyes inspecting me carefully. She follows me to my bed, closing the door behind her.

"What's wrong, Lei?" She asks, placing a hand on my back.

"N-nothing, Ariel." I look down at my thighs.

"I know when something is wrong with you, Leianne." She says. I begin crying again, placing my head on her shoulder.

"I-It's Xander!" I say between sniffles.

"What did he do?" She rubs my back.

"He cheated on me with some slut. I met them h-h-having sex in his bedroom." I stutter.

"I'm so sorry, Leianne. Did he give you any signs that he was cheating?" She asks.

I pause for a moment, thinking back to what Aria said earlier. "He didn't want to hang out for the entire week. He was always busy and I fell for it. I decided to go see him today and I walked in on them— I'm so dumb." I emphasize the latter part.

"You're not dumb, Leianne, he was. He gave up the best thing that ever happened to him. You're so beautiful and you deserve better." Ariel reassures me.

She wraps her arms around me holding me while I cry. Jasper angrily marches into the room and joins the hug without asking any questions. The silence surrounding us is comforting, offering the consolation I desired. "I'm gonna kill him." Jasper unexpectedly breaks the silence.

I pull him by his bicep to sit back down on the bed, "There will be no killing Jas. I'll deal with him."

There is a loud knock at the front door which interrupts the conversation. Ariel goes to open the door and I hear another female's voice downstairs. I hear two sets of footsteps approaching my room, moving at different rhythms. I look up to see Aria surveying me, with anger evident in her eyes. She jumps onto the bed and hugs me tightly. I relish in the hug and begin to cry again —I'm weak around my friends.

"You were right, Ari," I mutter.

"I know, babe. I know guys, and they're just a couple of douches." She says and I laugh genuinely, "I did bring you the cake we prepared.".

"I'm fortunate to have you in my life." I tighten my grip on her.

We all go downstairs into the kitchen and sit at the island while Ariel grabs plates. We indulge in the delicious, chocolate cake, laughing about nothing in particular—being around my family makes me happy.