Chapter 24: Formalities

"Mark me," I say

"Mark me," I say.

Jerome twists his neck to glimpse at my face, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion. He sits up against the headboard, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. His teeth latch onto his bottom lip, an exquisite attraction for my eyes.

"Good Morning to you too, babe," He kisses my forehead.

"When I get another horrible surge during my heat, mark me!" I command.

He grabs my hand, entwining our fingers. He peppers my face with kisses, his free hand caressing my back. I smile brightly, overwhelmed by his outpour of affection.

"Are you sure you want this?" He questions and I roll my eyes.

"Jerome Knight, I promise I want this." I stroke his chin.

He nods in agreement, laying his head on the pillow. I straddle his thighs, tangling my fingers through his hair. I repetitively peck his lips, giggling when I pull away. He sighs in content and places his hand on my lower back.

My phone shakes uncontrollably, an incoming call from Aria covering the screen. I reach for the phone, answering quickly before it ends. Before I can say a word, her sniffles and deep breaths fill my ears.

"Ari?" I greet her slowly.

"H-how do you feel? Did Jerome help you?" She attempts to mask her jagged breathing.

"Aria, what's wrong? You don't usually cry." I say.

"It's Damien, he blocked me and told me he never wants to speak to me again." She replies.

"You're joking," I mutter, clutching my chest.

"No, I fucked up." She swallows harshly.

"Go meet the twins, they'll help you cope," I instruct her.

"What the fuck," She screams, the sound of screeching tires ringing in my ears.

"Is something wrong?" I ask.

"I'm going to meet them, don't worry about me. Enjoy your time with Jerome." She hangs up hastily.

Jerome regards me with concern and I shrug my shoulders, choosing to withhold the information at the moment. I subconsciously grind against him while my heart sinks with fear for Aria. My grandpa and mother are currently imprisoned -- it can't be them stirring problems again. The thought causes the hairs on my arm to erect, a cold shiver running down my spine.

"Leianne, stop," he whispers, and I raise my eyebrow.

"What's the matter, love?" I ask.

"You're stirring something you don't want." He hisses.

My eyes immediately gaze downwards, his growing erection staring back. His finger grabs my chin, raising my eyes to look into his. Restraint shines in his forest orbs, the grip on my waist tighter.