Chapter 22: Precious Alpha

⚠️Mature Themes ⚠️

"Leianne, wake up!" Jasper pleads the sleeping girl in my arm

"She will be okay, babe," Ariel whispers, kissing his cheek.

"How are you certain? She could be dead for all we know!" Aria retorts.

"Baby, calm down. Leianne is a fighter, we've seen her in worse conditions." Blake says.

My lips are sealed as I push open the hospital doors. The doctors immediately notice my presence and grab Leianne from me. I follow them to the room but I am restricted from entering. I rest my body against the door, listening as they scuffle to help her.

"It will be okay, bro," Damien says.

I leave them in the waiting room and go outside, needing a dose of fresh air. I sit on the vacant bench, my sweaty palms rubbing my clothed knees. Veronica sits next to me, and I keep my gaze low.

"She's okay." She comforts.

"I can't wait to execute Leonard and Lenora." I grit my teeth.

"Jerome," she sighs.

"Veronica, I do not want pity from anyone. I know my mate will be okay, but we are unaware of what occurred when she was within their discretion." I say.

She nods her head before pulling me into her side. Her hands stroke my back comfortingly, as my tears soak her shirt. I allow the fear, pain, and sadness from the recent days to engulf me. The downpour of tears is constant as I whimper occasionally. Veronica's fondness provides momentary relief as she whispers reassuring words into my ear.

"I keep thinking what if we hadn't made it there in time." I weep.

"Jerome, stop thinking like that." She chastises.

How can I? How can I ever erase those thoughts after I watched her as she was on the brink of death?

We traveled through the forest, Jasper and Ariel's wolves in the lead. The warriors are close behind us as we trot to the address. We notice a clan of wolves concealing behind bushes upon our arrival and I command everyone to mask their scents.

"We move in alongside them," I advised them through our link.

A male voice shouted "attack her", and the wolves sprinted into action. We pursued them closely, blending among them. I freeze momentarily as I observe Leianne at Lenora's lenience. The witch's hand wrapped around her throat, mercilessly squeezing at her daughter's throat.

Control evaded my body as I killed three of the wolves savagely. Lenora dropped Leianne when she heard the battle and started to shift. Leon sprayed her and Leonard with a transformation blocker before they could complete the process. They both crumpled to the ground and warriors arrived and cuffed them.