XIX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Pleading

{ Daenerys }

✧✦✧

𝕴f Daenerys had been a little less concerned for her dragons, then standing in front of the Thirteen would have intimidated her. They were standing and staring at her, outraged that she would dare bring this issue to them. But these were her dragons, her children, and she could not have them missing.

They were her boys.

"I did not leave the comfort of my home to come to yours and be called a thief." The Spice King was fuming, twisting and snarling at the accusation. Korvarro, Coren and Jorah were standing at the back of the room, hands on their weapons, glaring at the Thirteen who sat around, becoming more and more outraged.

"No one is calling you a thief." Xaro spat back. "Who is she to accuse us?"

"Please, they're my children. I'm begging you." Daenerys pleaded, looking between them. Did none of them have children? Or know what it felt like?

"Begging us?" The Silk King scoffed. "It wasn't very long ago you were threatening us."

"Without me, the dragons will die." Daenerys was growing angry, trying to keep the frustration from getting to her face.

"It will be for the best. Your dragons will bring the world nothing but death and misery, my dear." The endearment made her stomach shiver in repulsion. She hated that name. "If I knew where they were, I would not tell you."

"You are cruel, my friend. The Mother of Dragons is in the right." Pyatt Pree spoke up, which was suspicious. He was the conjuror if Daenerys could remember it properly. "She must be reunited with her babies. I will help you, Khaleesi."

"How?"

"I will take you to the House of the Undying where I have put them." It took a moment for the words to process, before Daenerys turned to him, anger now clear on her face.

"You have my dragons?"

"When I learned you were coming to our city, I made an arrangement with the King of Qarth. He procured them for me." There was a presence behind her, and Daenerys didn't need to turn to know that Coren was now standing behind her, most likely waiting for the confirmation to kill the conjuror.

"There is no King of Qarth." Daenerys stated. Turning, she looked for Xaro to confirm it, but the man was already nodding and standing, as Daenerys' heart dropped.

"There is now." He smiled, as if in a welcoming sort of manner, as if he expected her to be pleased about it. "That was the other half of the arrangement."