XXVIII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 | Absentminded Chatter

{ Coren }

✧✦✧

𝕮oren smiled as the sun hit his face, happy to be out of the city and moving once more. He had not enjoyed the feeling of being cooped up in one place, and the ability to be free and roam once more was joyful. He was far too used to the nomadic lifestyle to truly enjoy his time spent in one place.

Daenerys took note of it from her position ahead of him, having twisted to look at the man over her shoulder. He opened one eye, catching her own with a grin as she slowed down to ride beside him.

"You are happy to be out of Astapor I take it?"

"And not on a boat." Coren added on as Daenerys giggled lightly. "How about you, Khaleesi?"

"It is nice not to be constantly worrying about what will happen to me if I do or say something wrong."

"Nothing is the answer. I would kill them before anything could happen to you." Coren smiled. "I swore an oath and I mean to stand by it."

"I still do not wish for you to be killing people." He turned, cocking an eyebrow as Daenerys relented. "Though I know that I cannot stop you even if I tried. You are far too stubborn and strong willed."

"You know me so well, Khaleesi."

"Three years now, three years I have been stuck with you."

"Stuck with me? Please, that is a bold faced lie."

"No it is not."

"Yes it is." Coren snapped back. "It is not stuck with me if you enjoy my company."

"Who said I enjoy your company?" Daenerys turned to him, before grinning. "Maybe I secretly despise it."

Coren drew closer.

"The kiss would prove that statement wrong." He was met with a smack on the arm. "You cannot keep smacking me every time I try and speak about it with you."

"Maybe I do not wish to speak about it."

"Well I do." Coren shrugged as Daenerys huffed. "You asked me to always share my opinion and be truthful, so I am now being truthful, I am still wondering why you kissed me and what that means..."

"What what means?"

"What it means for us? You kissed me, Khaleesi, and I am still confused if I am being truthful with you."

"I-Does it have to mean something?"

"No one kisses someone like that and it does not mean something." Coren pointed out, handing her his water flask as she drank quickly. Daenerys thought on how she was going to answer the question and what she was going to say. In truth, she was still unsure herself why she kissed him, only knowing that he looked handsome in the firelight and the way he laughed and joked with her made her stomach twist in a way that had never happened before. No one had made her feel like he did, but that was a scary thing to admit, to say aloud.