IV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 | Vaes Dothrak

{ Coren }

✧✦✧

𝖁aes Dothrak began to grow in the distance as the hoard grew ever closer. The large statues of two fighting horses, which Coren believed perfectly summed up the Dothraki, towered over them as the hoard began to cheer the closer they got to their home territories.

"Vaes Dothrak. The city of the horse lords." Jorah explained to the two Targaryen siblings, as Coren watched on with narrowed eyes, still annoyed with Viserys. He was waiting for Viserys to act up, more than ready to take a hand.

"A pile of mud. Mud and shit and twigs - best these savages can do." Coren fought the urge of slap the back of Viserys' horse and send him off into the bush around them. His body would, hopefully, never be found and it would solve the majority of their problems.

"These are my people now. You shouldn't call them savages." Daenerys was finally learning to stand up for herself. Viserys didn't like that she was growing a backbone and anything that Viserys didn't like, Coren loved.

"I'll call them what I like, because they're my people." Viserys spun around to glare at Daenerys, who curled back in on herself. "This is my army. Khal Drogo is marching the wrong way with my army."

Viserys began to trot off, as Jorah followed along behind with a sigh. After the incident, Jorah was the one who had to guard Viserys, as Coren and the dragon princeling always got into an argument whenever they were left alone together. It was the perfect situation for all of them.

"Do you think my brother will be able to conquer the Seven Kingdoms with an army of Dothraki?" Daenerys asked the Westerosi man next to her, who thought for a moment.

"Do you want my honest answer, or the one that you'd like to hear?" He asked, as they continued towards the city.

"Honest answer, always."

"Your brother's a complete prat and a weakling. I doubt he'll ever be able to rule anything apart from his own imagination." Coren said, as Daenerys hid a smile. "Though I think he might even struggle with that."

"Answer I would like to hear?"

"Of course, your brother is an incredible diplomat. He would be able to conquer it with an army of Dothraki and win over the lords and ladies of Westeros with no trouble at all." Daenerys shook her head once more, at Coren's obvious fake grin. "I think you know my feelings about your brother by now, Khaleesi."

"All too well." Irri appeared, as Daenerys jumped down from her horse, Coren doing the same. "So, what happens now?"

"Well, we rest up whilst Khal Drogo talks to his blood riders, and then, well, we'll have to see after that." Coren replied, before bowing at Daenerys and walking back to his own tent, more than ready to rest in the shade.

✧✦✧

"Where is he?" Coren growled, as he entered the tent. "I'll kill that bastard."

Jorah glanced up at Coren's entrance, watching as the man hurried over to Daenerys' side to check the bruise on her face.

"Please, Coren. No." Coren scowled at the thought of not being able to remove Viserys' hands at the very least. "Viserys is still the true king."

"Do you really want to see that git sitting on the Iron Throne?" Coren asked, incredulous that Daenerys even believed that sentiment. "Give me the word, Khaleesi, and I'll happily remove his hands."

Viserys was vile and cruel, he wouldn't serve as a good king. In fact, he wouldn't serve as a good anything, except for maybe target practice. Coren needed to work on his aim and Viserys head seemed like a very tempting target.

"No. But the common people are waiting for him." Jorah sighed at the notion that Daenerys held in her head, knowing that it was false. "Illyrio said they're sewing dragon banners and praying for his return."

"The common people pray for rain, health and a summer than never ends." Jorah broke it to her softly. "They don't care what games the high Lords play."

"What do you pray for?" Daenerys asked innocently, looking between the two.

"Home."

"Viserys' head on a stick." Daenerys looked shocked at Coren's words as Jorah quickly clipped the boy over the back of the head, shooting him a dark glare. They didn't need to be upsetting the Targaryen girl any more than she already was. "And being able to go home to my family."

Daenerys raised an eyebrow at that, not knowing that either of them had family back in Westeros.

"I pray for home too. My brother will never take back the Seven Kingdoms." Daenerys sighed, before repeating Coren's thoughts from earlier. "He couldn't lead an army even if my husband gave him one. He'll never take us home."

"Because he's a useless prat." Coren muttered, as Jorah sighed, before excusing himself and walking out of the tent, Coren following after him, still thinking dark thoughts of murder.

"Coren, wait!" The man turned back to Daenerys, who was still looking troubled. "You never mentioned that you had family back in Westeros."

She had heard all about Jorah Mormont and his slavery issue, but still nothing about the younger man, who was very tight lipped about his past. Coren shrugged, turning to look at the dragon eggs. There were four of them inside the box. The largest was a deep red, whilst the others ranged from black to yellow.

"There's not much to tell," Coren shrugged again, trailing a finger down the side of the red egg, following the rough scale like structure in wonder. "My family fought for the Targaryens and I was too young to remember it all."

Daenerys nodded, urging him to continue.

"We got on a boat when the war turned and never looked back." Coren paused, before finally pulling himself away from the egg, "and this is terribly improper that I'm in here with you, alone. If you need me, Khaleesi, I shall be outside."

Daenerys sighed, furrowing her eyebrows, before she nodded allowing Coren to excuse himself. The man paused in the doorway, turning back to look at her.

"If Viserys comes back, can I remove a hand with your permission?" Daenerys rolled her eyes and hid a small grin, turning to look at the man.

"No, he's still my brother and the king." Coren groaned, grumbling as he left the tent though he smiled at the sound of Daenerys' laugh.

Hiya,

I just love Coren, who is always ready to fight Viserys at any given point in time. He provides me with great joy and I love his and Dany's relationship already, and how respectful he is.

Let me know what you think,

Love Li xx