XXII

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 | Blood Oaths

{ Daenerys }

✧✦✧

𝕿ilting her head, Daenerys stared at the sleeping duo, taking a deep breath. Kovarro leant forward, his curved sword hooking beneath the amulet on Xaro's chest and snatching, as the man awoke with a start.

"What the...?" Xaro trailed off, and Doreah also sat up, her eyes going wide at the sight of Daenerys, the Dothraki, Jorah and Coren, though the Thorne man was standing in a corner, eyes narrowed and form tense.

"Khaleesi, please." Doreah began to beg, staring at her. "He said you'd never leave Qarth alive."

"Come." Daenerys commanded, though she looked at Coren. She did not know what had happened in the House of the Undying but she did not wish to see him like this. It was unlike him. The man did as she commanded, falling into step behind her, as they walked through the halls of the palace and towards the safe that Xaro had proposed to her at before he stole her children from her and almost led to her capture.

One part of her wished to say something to Coren, but she did not know what to say. What had made him so quiet?

Kovarro brushed past them as they grew close to the vault door, reaching up to slot the amulet into place. He and Jorah pulled it open with some trouble, as Daenerys tilted her head and awaited to see what was inside.

"Nothing." Daenerys hummed, catching Coren's eyes as they both spun around to face Xaro. "Thank you, Xaro Xhoan Daxos. Thank you for teaching me this lesson."

The Dothraki pushed the pair past Daenerys and towards the vault.

"I am king of Qarth. I can help you now, truly help you!" Daenerys wondered whether he thought she would take that offer after he helped to steal her children and imprison her. Not to mention he had led to something happening to Coren, and she did not like seeing him like this. "We can take the Iron Throne. I'll bring you a thousand ships."

"Please, Khaleesi, I beg you!" Doreah pleaded, screaming and crying.

"All that you have dreamed is within your reach!" Xaro called, as Coren stepped a little closer, hand reaching for a dagger. Daenerys stopped him quickly, shaking her head. Xaro did not deserve a quick death. They continued to beg and scream, calling for her, praying for her not to do this.

Jorah shut and locked the door, handing the amulet key to Daenerys, who huffed.

"It was all a lie." Jorah muttered. Daenerys turned to look at him, before shaking her head. "What?"