XX

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 | Ghosts

{ Daenerys }

✧✦✧

𝕿he garden surrounding them was deceivingly beautiful. Tall trees lined the path as it lead them upwards, though Daenerys did not trust it in the slightest.

Kovarro and Jorah walked ahead of her, looking around, shoulders tense and on guard, whilst Coren stayed by her side as he normally was. He was not as tense as the others, and Daenerys often wished to ask him how he managed it. How, in this situation, was he not losing his mind like she felt she was?

"A house of ghosts, Khaleesi. It is known." Kovarro turned back to her, speaking softly as he huffed. That did not make her feel any better as they came upon a large tower, that seemed to fill the skyline ahead of her, rocks guarding the entrance. It was ominous, and perhaps Kovarro was right, maybe there were ghosts circling it, waiting for her to enter. "Where are the guards?"

"No guards." Jorah spoke, as Daenerys looked back at Coren, who was not paying attention. "The warlocks kill with sorcery, not steel."

He noticed her stare, merely shaking his head and Daenerys was reminded that Coren was not adept at the Dothraki language past curse words and occasional sentences. Talks of warlocks and sorcery was most likely not something that he was aware of.

"Let them try." Daenerys turned forward, taking a deep breath as she continued up the stairs until she reached the base of the tower. It was in a courtyard, yet there was no door to be seen, no entry way or directions and no ability to climb it. "Is this a riddle?"

"I do not know." Jorah's eyebrows furrowed, before Coren tensed behind them, causing the mood to shift between the four of them. "Coren?"

But the man was not looking at them, his face had paled and before the trio could reach out to place a hand on the man, Coren was bolting around the corner, like a dog chasing it's prey.

"Coren!" Jorah called, following after him as Daenerys turned the other way, hoping that she would cut him off. Kovarro followed along behind her, a little slower, as Daenerys continued round, hoping to see him or whatever he was chasing. 

Yet, instead of coming face to face with Coren, or Jorah, she blinked and it all went dark. When she opened her eyes again, she was in a stone corridor, a flame flickering by her head and none of the companions were in sight.

"Are you trying to frighten me with magic tricks?" Daenerys called into the darkness, pulling a torch from the wall as she looked for the entrance. Faintly, she could hear Jorah calling for her and Coren. "You want me? I am here! Are you afraid of a little girl?"