XV

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 | Garden Parties

{ Daenerys }

✧✦✧

𝕯aenerys Targaryen still did not feel at ease in Qarth, despite the comforting presence of her Khalasar and her dragons. She leant on the balcony railing, watching Drogon, as she thought over what to do now. Behind her, Coren stood in the doorway, Falkor on his shoulder, fast asleep, whilst Doreah crouched beside her.

"Go on, Khaleesi," Doreah urged, setting a piece of raw meat down in front of Drogon. "This time, I know he will do it."

"Dracarys," Drogon coughed. "Dracarys."

The dragon spat forth a small flame, cooking the raw meat before him as the girls clapped in excitement. Daenerys could hear Coren's chuckles behind her, turning to watch the guard laugh and shake his head.

"Very good, Khaleesi," He smiled as he noticed her watching, before leaning back against the wall. She couldn't understand why he was so at ease in an unfamiliar place.

"He'll be able to feed himself from now on." Daenerys stood up, dusting her knees off and turning to Doreah, who seemed to want to feed the dragon more. "Let them sleep."

"Yes, Khaleesi," Drogon climbed onto Doreah's hand as Daenerys watched them.

"He loves you." Doreah blushed before hurrying off, as Daenerys turned to Coren, who was holding Falkor out for her already. The red dragon was fast asleep, curled around Coren's hand though he had the man's fingertip in his mouth. "Is he biting?"

"Mouthing. It doesn't hurt." Daenerys pried the dragon from Coren's hand, noticing the little teeth indents on his fingertip, before handing the red dragon back over to Doreah.

"I rewove this part of the top. And I fixed the heel on this one," Irri spoke in soft Dothraki, as Coren sat down on the balcony and began to sharpen his sword.

"Thank you, my friend."

"Did you see the dress Xaro had made for you?" Doreah reappeared, a smile on her face. "They say he's the wealthiest man in Qarth."

"It is known."

"And if Qarth is the wealthiest city in Essos-" Daenerys cut Doreah off, the thought of wearing a rich dress making her uncomfortable. It reminded her of days spent with Viserys, before she was sold.

"That last time a rich man gave me a dress, he was selling me to Khal Drogo."

"May he ride forever through the night lands," Irri bowed her head, as Coren glanced up momentarily, before turning back to his sword.