X

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 | Rituals

{ Daenerys }

✧✦✧

𝕿he sun grew ever hotter as they continued to ride through the plains ahead of them. Coren rode beside her as Daenerys watched Drogo sway to and fro ahead of them on his horse. Daenerys felt her heart clench, before gasping as Drogo pitched forward and fell into the dirt.

"My lord...My sun and stars...Drogo." She rode forward, dropping from her horse's back to crouch beside her husband. She was scared, even more so now that all of this had begun to feel very real. Drogo was injured, more so than he had let on.

"My horse..." He mumbled, reaching his hand around for the reins but only grasping at the sandy air. His blood riders drew near, looking concerned.

"Blood of my blood..." Cohollo, the elder one backed off, shaking his head.

"No, l must ride." Drogo tried to reaffirm, his muscles trembling in protest as he attempted to pull himself upright.

"He fell from his horse." Qotho spoke, looking down at Daenerys. "A Khal who cannot ride is no Khal."

"He's tired, that's all. He needs to rest," Daenerys pleaded, her eyes going wide. Drogo couldn't die. "We've ridden far enough today. We'll camp here."

"This is no place to camp," Qotho spat as Coren approached slowly, his hand resting on his sword as if he anticipated trouble. "A woman does not give us orders. Not even a Khaleesi."

"We'll camp here. Tell them Khal Drogo commanded it." Daenerys kept her voice steady, glaring up at the man.

"You do not command me, Khaleesi." She ignored his words, continuing with her orders.

"Find Mirri Maz Duur. Bring her to me."

"The witch? I'll bring you her head, Khaleesi."

"Bring her to me unharmed or Khal Drogo will hear why you denied me." Qotho glared, before jumping on his horse and heading back up the column of riders to find Mirri Maz Duur. Coren crouched beside her, his eyes narrowed.

"Is this a good idea?" Daenerys sent him a disbelieving look as Coren shrugged. "I don't wish for you to be harmed, Khaleesi, and I do not trust a witch. You wished for me to be truthful."

✧✦✧