Prologue - Starting Point

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

Hi there, my name is (Y/N) (L/N), and I am just an average high school student who just enjoys writing and the color blue. Why blue? Well, when I first moved into this house, the bedroom was already painted blue. I've been meaning to repaint it, but I keep forgetting to do so. At some point, I decided that I liked it the way it is, and blue ended up becoming my favorite color.

As for writing, this was something I had a strong passion for. I was writing in my room while being trapped in my house during a snow storm. After doing this for a few hours, I ended up learning that this was something I was really good at, and I decided to stick with it from that day forward.

Now will be a good time to tell you about my family. My mom works at a restaurant as a waitress, and my dad works in a bar as a bar tender. And I have a little brother, too. Nine years old to be precise. His name is Haruto, and we are pretty close. But I am sorry to say that our bond didn't last very long.

It all began on a rainy weekend at home. Haruto and I are playing in my room like we always do. But then, I noticed that Haruto was starting to become sick. He was coughing like crazy.

"Umm, you okay, Haruto?" I asked.

"I... I think so." Haruto replied weakly.

He tried to take his mind off of it, but it looked to be harder than he thought. He began to cough more and more, and then, he ended up collapsing on the floor. I did my best to wake him up, but it was no use. Scared, I went to my parents and told them that something terrible happened to Haruto. We quickly got him into a car and drove off to the hospital as quickly as we could.
______________________________________

Location - The Hospital

We managed to make it to the hospital just in time. My dad spotted a doctor who was free and called him over.

"Excuse me, but there seems to be something wrong with our son. Do you think you can help?" He asked.

He looked at Haruto, who was still coughing, and now, he was slowly becoming pale.

"This looks serious..." The doctor said. "Very well, I will take a look at him."

The doctor took Haruto to his office and we followed behind him. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't anything serious.
______________________________________

Location - Doctor's Office

The doctor took his time to look over Haruto, and the three of us watched from the distance, as it was the only thing we can do. It was time consuming, and we were wondering whether or not my brother was going to die.

"Well, doc? Have you discovered anything yet?" My mom asked.

"It appears that your son has a terminal illness." The doctor replied. "What that is? I have no idea..."

We became speechless when hearing that. We figured he was sick, but we didn't think he was THAT sick.

"He'll survive, though, right?" My father asked.

"Sorry... but I am not sure." He replied. "But I will do what I can to keep treating him, though."

My heart was becoming even more broken... Haruto is only nine years old, and there is a chance that his life might be taken away. It isn't fair. He should be going to school and going to the park to play with other kids.

"Son, I know this is becoming hard for you. Maybe you should step out of the room for a moment, and control yourself." My father suggested.

I just nodded in agreement and left the room, so I can be alone for a little bit.
______________________________________

Location - The Hospital, Hallway

I started to feel a bit better now, at least on the outside. On the inside, though, I am suffering. If my brother does die, it'll just be a reality I have to deal with. While walking down the hallway, I am seeing patients who are in hospital beds, resting. I am hoping that these patients will be released soon. However, this visit to the hospital will be even more eventful.

"Fueee! Where is everyone?" A voice asked in desperation.

In front of me was a girl with long blue hair, has purple eyes and a side ponytail to boot. The outfit she is wearing looks like she is part of a marching band. Not sure why that is, though. Either way, I went over to her to see if she needed any help.

"Excuse me, do you need help?" I asked her.

"Oh, I am trying to find my friends, but... I got lost." She said. Yikes, getting lost is never good.

"Do you need some help finding them?" I asked.

"Oh, yes, please!" The girl responded.

With that being said, I began to help this girl find her friends. I am sure my parents won't mind if I am gone for little bit longer.
______________________________________

Ten minutes later...

We walked around the hospital for a while now. I thought it would be easy, but I guess not. Even after describing them, it was still hard. We did spot someone else, though. It was another girl with the same matching outfit, only she was a blonde with matching yellow eyes.

"Ah! That's one of my friend, Kokoro-chan." The girl said. I guess that one's name is Kokoro.

"Kanon! There you are!" And I take it this one is name Kanon. That's a cute name actually.

"Sorry, Kokoro-chan. I got lost again. But thankfully, this guy was kind enough to help me find you."

Kokoro looked towards me with a big smile. 

"Thank you so much for helping my friend, umm... who are you?" She asked.

"Oh, my name is (Y/N) (L/N). Nice to meet you." I said and bowed.

"Nice to meet you, too, (Y/N)!" Kokoro said. "My name is Tsurumaki Kokoro!"

"A-And I'm Matsubara Kanon." Kanon said shyly.

"Say, (Y/N), Kanon and I are going to sing some songs to the children with our other friends. Do you want to join us?" Kokoro asked. Hearing her say "children" reminded that I needed to get back as soon as possible.

"Thanks for the offer, but I really need to get going." I said.

"That's fine, but if you want, you can join us next time?" Kanon suggested as she gave me a smile.

"Yeah, I'll think about it."

I said my goodbyes to the two girls and walked away. I will admit, that Kanon girl was actually rather cute. I hope I run into her again in the future.

To be continued

A/N: Hello, everyone. Welcome to the next revived book. But do not worry, I am still going to work on My Boppin' Love. I have not forgotten it. See you guys in the next chapter. :)