Chapter 15 - The Second Date

A few days later...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

I won't lie, I never thought I would actually find the courage within myself to ask Kanon to marry me. After all, I was completely nervous this entire time, I bet I will be even more nervous when the wedding happens, whenever that will be. When we shared this news with our parents that day, they were really happy for us, and it was heartwarming to know that they have our support.

However, the mom's asked when the wedding was going to happen, and... we didn't have an answer for that. For starters, we wanted to wait for us to have good careers to get behind, and have enough money to get the kind of wedding we both want.

All the same, getting engaged is a huge deal for both of us, and I feel like I want to celebrate it by going on another date, but... 

"Where should we go for second date?" I asked myself as I planted my face on my pillow.

I tried racking my brain around for ideas, but nothing was coming to mind. But after a while, I knew exactly where I want to take her. I grabbed my phone and texted Kanon to see if she approves for a second date.

Your text: Hey Kanon, can I ask you something?

Kanon's text: Yes, of course. What's is it?

Your text: How do you feel about going on a second date next weekend? You know, to celebrate our engagement.

Kanon's text: Really? Yes! I would like that very much.

Your text: That's awesome! I know where to go, too. But I can't say what it is, because that will ruin the surprise. ;)

Kanon's text: Oh, okay. I'll look forward to your surprise. ❤

Don't worry, Kanon, my beloved, I promise you're going to love it.
______________________________________

Next week...

Location - Matsubara Residence

A whole week ended up going by a lot faster than I thought it was going to be. And what made today good is because I get to go on a second date with my Kanon. As for where we're going, I decided that I should take Kanon to the Aquarium so she can see the jellyfish. I know how much she likes jellyfish, so I figured this would be a good idea.

I arrived at Kanon's house, and knocked on the door. Her mother opened the door, and needless to say, she was over the moon when she saw me.

"Ah, (Y/N)-kun, it's so good to see you again." She said and smiled at me.

"Hi ma'am. It's nice to see you too." I said and bowed.

"Kanon told me that you were able to pop the question on her, and let me say, congratulations to the both of you." She said.

"Thanks, I am quite happy that Kanon has done so much for me in the past." I replied.

"I would like to hear about it someday, but I am sure you want to get going on your date with Kanon, right? I'll go get her." She said and went to go get her.

Moments later, she came back with Kanon, and seeing that smile on her face was making me feel nice and warm on the inside.

"Hi there, Kanon."

"Hi (Y/N)-kun, are you ready to go?" She asked me with a smile.

"Yes. I think you're going to like the surprise I have in store for you." I replied, smiling myself.

Kanon couldn't wait any longer for this. She said goodbye to her mother, and we started to walk off, holding hands, of course.

"So, where are we going?" She asked.

"You'll see. I don't want you to get lost, so make sure to stay close to me." I told her.

"R-Right." Kanon replied as she held my hand tightly.
______________________________________

An hour later...

Location - The Aquarium

We arrived at the Aquarium. It has been forever since I have been here. Maybe when I was kid? I don't think I can remember. Moving on... as we made it to the Aquarium, Kanon was left speechless.

"The Aquarium...?" She asked as she looked towards me.

"Yeah, this is where our second date is going to be." I replied. "Unless... you want to go somewhere else..." 

But Kanon smiled, and hugged my arm as tight as she could.

"I don't mind coming here, thanks for bringing me here." She said.

"No problem at all. I just want to make you happy by coming here." I said.

"I'm happy that you were thinking about me."

"Shall we go inside?"

"Yes, we should."

The two of us began to walk inside the Aquarium, and for Kanon's happiness, I will do my best to have a good time with her.
______________________________________

End of the day...

Location - Matsubara Residence

I would say that this second date went much better than the first date. Both Kanon and I were much more relaxed around each other, and we were in a place where Kanon can be herself, which was something I wanted to see for a while.

Now that this second date is over, I took Kanon back to her house. As soon as we got there, a sad expression fell on Kanon's face.

"I had a fun with you today, but now I am sad that you have to leave." She said.

"I know, but I promise that we can go on another date soon." I said as I took both of her hands.

"Do you promise?"

"Yes, I promise."

Kanon and I made sure to share a kiss before letting go of her hands.

"See you tomorrow, my love. Make sure you get home safely." She said.

"I promise I will."

That made Kanon happy as she walked inside her house, and I began to head home myself.

To be continued

A/N: That is it for chapter 15, and I hope you guys liked it, because... I didn't. See you in the next chapter, and have a good one.