Chapter 12 - My First Date

A/N 1: Hello, everyone. Today's birthday shout-out goes to AmericanNomad8. Make sure to wish this individual a happy birthday, and if you want one, put your birthday date somewhere that I can see it. Enjoy the chapter. :)
______________________________________

A few weeks later...

Location - Matsubara Residence

Your POV

Okay, so... today is the day I go on my first official date with Kanon. Am I nervous? Yes. But then again, how can I not be nervous? After all, I am worried that something is going to go wrong during this date. But my mom told me that everything should be fine if I just be myself. And who knows, maybe Kanon is just as nervous as I am, I hope.

For our date, I am taking Kanon to one of my favorite cafes. It might be a bit out of the way, but their service is A class. They make you feel like you are at home. As I showed up at the Matsubara Residence, I began to freak out again, and took a few deep breaths.

"Okay, I can do it." I said to myself.

I knocked on the door and waited for a while, then an older woman answered the door.

"Hello, can I help you?" She asked.

"Hi, I am here to... pick up Kanon for a... *gulp* date." I said.

But the lady smiled warmly at me.

"Oh, so you're the boyfriend Kanon is always talking about." She said. Kanon talks about me?

"Yeah, that would be me..." I nervously replied.

"Ah, nice to finally meet you. I'll let Kanon know you're here." She said and called for her. It took me a while, but it is safe to assume that this person is Kanon's mother.

A few seconds later, Kanon came down wearing her usual winter clothes, but I thought she looked beautiful.

"Hey Kanon, you look amazing." I said as a smile formed on my face and hers.

"Thanks (Y/N)-kun, you look amazing yourself." Kanon said and kissed me softly on the cheek.

Then she faced the older woman.

"I'll be home as soon as possible, mother." She said. She is her mother, I knew it!

"Alright, you two stay safe and have fun." She said and closed the door.

Soon enough, Kanon and I walked away from place. I was hoping to hold her hand, but it looked like she wanted to hug my arm instead.

"So (Y/N)-kun, where are you going to take me?" Kanon asked as we were a few feet away from her house.

"Oh, I decided to take you to one of my favorite cafes. I think you're going to like it." I said.

Kanon became interested a little, but she said nothing as I kept describing the cafe. I even told her about how great the service was, and how they have a Jellyfish tank that is built for decoration. Now Kanon was even more excited, and so, we tried to get there as soon as possible.
______________________________________

20 minutes later...

Location - The Cafe

As we showed up at the cafe, we saw that there was rarely any people here. It was usually packed when I come here, but I don't think that is going to be the case at least for today.

Nevertheless, Kanon became amazed by how nice the interior of the cafe was. It felt like something out of a dreamland.

"Oh wow, this cafe looks amazing." She said. "Are you sure that this is the place you want to go to?"

"Yep, this is the place. Although I expect it to be a little more packed." I said while taking a quick look around.

Then one of the maids walked over.

"Welcome." She greeted us. "Table for two, I assume?"

"Yes, please!" We both said together.

The maid took us to a table that was near one of the jellyfish tanks. Kanon couldn't be anymore happier. Some menus were provided to us.

"Let me know if you need anymore time to order." The maid told us as she walked away.

After examining the menus carefully, we called the maid back over.

"So, have you two decided what you want to have?" She asked.

"Yes, we would have to share the Christmas seasonal cake." I said.

"As well as having the honey tea for a drink." Kanon added.

She wrote it down on a notepad and walked away to take care of our order, leaving me to be alone with my girlfriend.
______________________________________

After the date...

This was the first date I have ever been on, and... I am happy that it went well. Kanon and I spend a lot of time talking to each other about everything we can think of, and we were praising the maid for how beautiful the seasonal cake was. I had a good time, and I can tell Kanon did, too.

And now, the two of us walked to the Matsubara residence. The sun was beginning to set, and the two of us were holding hands.

"That was a fun date." Kanon said to me as we were walking.

"I'm glad you had a good time." I said. "And if you want, I can take you back there again some other time."

Kanon's face began to lit up with happiness.

"That would make me happy." She said. I think the best part about the cafe for her was the jellyfish.

"Ah, is it okay if I recommend this cafe to Chisato-chan? I'm sure she'll like this place." She said.

"Yeah, go ahead." I replied.

"Thanks, (Y/N)-kun." Kanon said before kissing me on the cheek.

I start to blush and the two of us stopped walking for a brief moment. We stared into each others' eyes without saying anything. My heart was beating faster than ever before. And then, I took my hands and placed them on Kanon's cheeks as softly as I could. I leaned in and softly began to kiss her. We kissed each other for a while and it was beautiful.

After a while, the kiss broke, and Kanon planted her face onto my chest before responding.

"(Y/N)-kun, can you promise me something?" She asked.

"Sure, what's up?"

"In the future, do you think... we can get married?" She asked.

I simply gave her a smile.

"Of course. I'd be happy to keep that promise." I said and kissed her head.

After a while, Kanon and I couldn't to walk home, holding hands without wanting to let go.

To be continued

A/N: Here is chapter 12, and I hate to break it to you guys, but this book is coming to an end soon, kind of. It'll have the same number of chapters as My Boppin' Love, though.