Chapter 14 - The Wonderful Surprise

A few days later...

Location - Shopping Mall

Your POV

We managed to survive that awful storm that happened a few days ago. And when it stopped the next day, I was able to bring Kanon back to her house, where I was able to meet her parents and little brother. They thank me for taking care of Kanon for so many months, and thought it might be a good idea for me to marry her. 

The idea of me marrying her might be a bit sudden for both of us, but I actually have given it some thought while sleeping in the same room as her, and maybe it will be a good idea after all. So after getting permission from both parties, everything was good to go.

So now, I was at the shopping mall, trying to find an amazing ring for my beloved Kanon. A beautiful ring for a beautiful girl. After looking for a while, I think I was able to find a good ring. I called the employee over.

"Were you able to what you were looking for?" She asked.

"Yes, I want to buy that ring if it's possible." I said pointed to the ring I wanted.

"Oh, it is possible to get it. May I ask what's the occasion?" The employee asked.

"Yeah, I decided that I am going to take the next step in my relationship with my girlfriend and ask her to marry me." I said.

"Wow, that is a big step. I hope she says yes." She said. That is what I am hoping for, too.

She took the ring out and put it in a small box, then after paying for it, I took the ring and left the mall. I had to beg for Marina to get an advance on my paycheck just to pay for this ring, and became a broke boi now, but I will do anything for love.

"Now, step one is complete. Time to move onto the next step." I said to myself.

The next step was to meet up with Kanon and popped the big question on her. But as soon as I grabbed my phone and started to text her, though, I got a surprise visit from Kokoro, as she hugged me from behind.

"Surprise! Hi there, (Y/N)!" She said and showed off her usual big smile. I still wonder how Misaki and Kanon is able to put up with her.

"Hi Kokoro, how are you doing?" I asked. 

"I am as good as ever!" She said. I wonder if she ever experiences sadness before.

"But I noticed that you have a big smile on your face earlier, you got something exciting I should know about?" She asked. Well, I guess it can't hurt to share this with her.

"Well, if you really want to know, I thought about taking the next step, and going to ask Kanon to marry me." I said.

Kokoro began to smile even more.

"Oh wow! That is wonderful news! And is that the ring right there?" She asked as she has her eyes on the box in my hand.

"Yeah, I just bought it a few minutes ago." I replied.

"I see. Although I got to ask, what is the whole point of a guy asking a girl to marry him?" She asked.

"It's so... they can spend the rest of their lives together, and probably have a family together." I explained, but it looked like Kokoro will never understand the purpose of it all.

"Hmmm... I don't think I will ever understand the concept of it all. But as long as you guys are happy, that's the important thing." She said.

"I guess so. Would you like to see the ring?" I asked.