Chapter 13 - A Stormy Visit

A few days later...

Location - (L/N) Residence, Living Room

Your POV

For the last few days, we have been experiencing nothing but rain. It kept on pouring and it wouldn't end anytime soon. To deal with terrible weather like this, I would often go straight to my laptop and start writing a new story, a mix between romance, adventure and mystery genres. It was a challenge for me, but I think I can handle it.

My parents went away for a week, and left me home alone. I would've been mad that they didn't take me, but I remember that this week was their wedding anniversary and I have to be here to attend school. Besides, I can take care of myself, and it's nice to have the house to myself.

While typing away on my laptop in the living room, I heard the rain falling even more, and then, there was a knock at the door. I opened it, and to my surprise, the one at the door was Kanon. She was covered from head to toe in rain water.

"Kanon? What are you doing here?" I asked. I should be more surprised that she found my house without getting lost.

"Well, I was done hanging out with Misaki-chan, then before I knew it, it started to rain. I figured your house would be close by, so I came over here as fast as I could." She explained.

"Oh, I see." I replied. "Well, no need to stand out here. Come on in."

Kanon stepped inside my house and removed her shoes, then I rushed over to give her a dry towel.

"Thanks, (Y/N)-kun, that is really kind of you." Kanon said and dried herself off.

"There's nothing I wouldn't do for the girl I love." I said and kissed her on the lips.

Kanon smiled and start to notice how quiet the house was.

"Umm, (Y/N)-kun, is it just you here?" She asked.

"For a week, yes. My parents went out of town for their wedding anniversary, and I have to be here so I don't miss a day of school." I said.

"Oh, are you... feeling lonely at all?" Kanon asked in a sad expression.

"I guess I was, but with you here, I don't feel lonely anymore." I said.

That made her happy.

"But anyway, I recommend you should take a shower and get out of those wet clothes." I said.

"Good idea." She replied.
______________________________________

A few minutes later...

That rain just kept pouring down... Kanon asked if she could stay here for a while until the rain has died down. I told her she could, and even got permission from her parents, too. Then Kanon went upstairs to the bathroom to use the shower, she had a spare change of clothes on her. Good thing she came prepared then. After she look her shower, I took her wet clothes and washed them, so that they can be clean when she goes home.

Now, the two of us are sitting on the couch, waiting for the rain to end. I had my arm around her, and Kanon was leaning against my body with her head on my shoulder, as well as having her feet on the couch. She saw my laptop and the story I was working on.

"I've never seen that story before." She said. "Is it new?"

"Yeah, I just had the urge to write it. I don't know what inspired me to do it." I replied.

Kanon smiled even more.

"Do you think I can read it someday?" She kindly asked me, then kissed me on the cheek.

"Of course you can." I said. "Though I got a lot of ideas with this story, so it might be a while."

"That's okay, I can wait for as long as I need to." Kanon said and snuggled up against me even more.

"Good to know." I said and kissed her head.

Things stayed silent between us for a while, then Kanon looked up towards me and changed the subject.

"(Y/N)-kun, do you think... we'll be together forever?" She asked.

"Yes, of course." I replied. "Why'd you ask?"

Kanon looked down at the ground with a sad face.

"Because you know how clumsy I am, and how I tend to get lost easily." She replied.

"Oh..."

"I can understand if you want to leave me for more perfect girl, though." She went on and became even more sad. And it is making FantasyWriter241 sad as he is writing this.  

"I would never do that!" I said.

Kanon looked up at me.

"Really?"

"Yes, of course. You were there for me when I was dealing with hardships after losing my little brother. You even went out of your way to make smile." I said.

A faint blush appeared on Kanon's face.

"I don't ever want to leave someone as beautiful and amazing as you." I said.

A smile grew on Kanon's face. I can tell that how happy she is, then we looked at each other in the eyes and our lips began to connect. Kanon and I kissed for so long that our tongues started to connect and they played with each other.

After a while, we broke the kiss and I went to the laundry room to go put Kanon's wet clothes in the dryer. When I came back, I noticed that it's not raining so much, but it was also very late.

"It's starting to get dark." I said to Kanon.

"Oh, you think it's okay if I were to spend the night here?" Kanon asked.

Kanon... spend the night here? I don't think this should be a question.

"I think it should be fine if it's just night." I replied.

Kanon sighed happily as she told her dad what she was up to.

"He said he is okay with it." Kanon told me.

"That's good to know. Now then, how about I fix us some dinner?" I suggested.

"That sounds nice, I am feeling a bit hungry."

"Then say no more, my beloved Kanon. I'll make you a meal that is just right for you." I said as I got on one knee, took Kanon's hand and kissed it.

She blushed slightly and I walked over to the kitchen to make some dinner for the both of us. Guess this is turning our to be more than just a stormy visit.

To be continued

A/N: Here is chapter 13 of this beautiful book, and I hope you guys like it. This book is sadly coming to an end 😭💔, but I will do my best to make the last few chapters some good ones. See you guys in the next chapter, and have a good one. :)