Epilogue - Watching Over Us

A few months later...

Location - The Graveyard

Your POV

I found myself in the graveyard to visit a certain individual. What makes this special visit is that it's his birthday today, or it would've been if he was still alive. And if he was still alive, he would most likely be done with high school and go to a great university like I did. Sadly, that hasn't been played out... As I arrived at the grave of the individual, I let out a small sigh.

"Hey, so sorry I couldn't be here sooner, little brother." I said as I was looking down at the grave that says R.I.P. Haruto (L/N).

Yes, in case you couldn't tell, the person I am going to see is my little brother, Haruto, who died many years ago. I normally come here to tell him everything that is going on in my life, even though he is not going to respond, since... you know...

"Well, Haruto, I did it. I was able to gain the courage to ask the girl of my dreams to marry me." I said referring to Kanon.

"I am a physical therapist now, and she is a doctor. Sure, we might more busier than ever, but it makes our parents happy to know that I am still willing to find the time to talk to you." I added. 

This conversation might be one-sided, but I didn't care. Come to think of it, it was like that back in the hospital as well. When he was sick, he wouldn't say a single word to me during all those times I visited him.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I had another fun Halloween event with Kanon and her friends from Hello, Happy World!." I said.

"Last year, we had a haunted movie marathon, and the year before that, we shared Halloween stories. One story was about an old man haunting a graveyard, and the other story was about a man seeking revenge on those who betrayed him." I went on.

I began to share more stories about all the events that have happened this year, and each one of those events were just as exciting as the next one. But as time went on, it was starting to get dark out, and a bit chilly, too. I didn't want to leave yet, but if I stay out any longer, I bet Kanon is going to worry about me. And besides, there's always next time, as well.

"Well, Haruto, I better get going. Happy birthday, little brother, and I hope you're watching over me, wherever you are." I said and left a flower on his grave, then walked away.

As I walked out of the graveyard, someone was kind enough to wait for me. It was Kanon, who made some changes about herself lately.

"Were you able to talk to him?" She asked as she gave me a kiss, and handed me my coat

"Yeah, I did my best to mention everything that has happened this year." I replied, putting on my coat.

"I think it is wonderful that you are doing this, especially on Haruto-kun's birthday." Kanon said with a grin. 

"Yeah, and I can't wait to do it again next year." I replied.

Kanon and I kissed each other one last time, we held hands and headed off for home. While it still hurts to think about him, I know now that I no longer have to suffer from the pain of his loss, and I have my wife, Matsubara Kanon, to thank for that.

The end

A/N: This book is actually done, I can't believe it. Thank you guys show much for showing your support for this book. Thank you for helping it hit a little over 2K reads, and comment down below your favorite chapter from this book, unless you like all of them. :) I will see you in my next book, and have a good one.

Also, I decided to publish this now, and have a full day of resting tomorrow.