Chapter 16 - Our Special Home

A few months later...

Location - Matsubara Residence, Kanon's Room

Your POV

Kanon and I have been living with our parents for years now, and even though we're not in college yet, the two of us felt like we were at an age where we want to move out and find a place to call our own. It might take a while to make that happen, though, but I think we can do it. I would do anything to share a house with my love.

As Kanon and I were getting closer and closer to our graduation, we decided to talk about what kind of house we should live in together. With my part-time job at CiRCLE and Kanon's part-time job at the fast restaurant, we should be able to have enough money to afford one, but when it came to finding one, it was easier said than done.

"Okay, what about this house?" I asked Kanon as we began to look images of houses on her laptop.

"Well, it's okay, but I think it might be a bit too small. Think about what would happen if we decide to have kids." Kanon replied. She did had a point, though. She wants a house where we can space, but not too much space.

"What about this house?" She asked as she pulled up an image of another house.

After looking at it for a few seconds, I thought this house was okay, but it didn't look sturdy at all, which made me a bit worried.

"I don't know how to feel about living there. If we were to get an earthquake, that house will be the first to go down." I told her.

"Oh."

We kept searching for a bit longer, but after a while, we gave up and felt defeated.

"Kanon, I think we should accept the fact that we'll never find a good house with the rate that we're going." I said as I sat down on Kanon's bed in defeat.

Kanon came over and placed her hand on top of mine, and smiled a little.

"No need to beat yourself up, (Y/N)-kun. We'll find a house, even if it takes us forever to it." She said and kissed me on the cheek.

That made me smile. After all, Kanon doesn't like it when I am sad. She likes it when I smile, because it gives her energy to help her get through the day. Now I am convinced that Kokoro's way of thinking is rubbing off on her.

"I wonder if I can make a story out of this." I said randomly. "The epic tale of two lovers trying desperately to find a house to call their own."

Kanon giggled.

"You always seem to find a way to make everything into a story, huh?" Kanon said as she placed her head on my shoulder.

"Hehe, I guess you can say it is a force of habit." I replied, blushing a bit.
______________________________________

Dinner time...

Location - Matsubara Residence, dining Room

Now it was dinner time at the Matsubara house and I was happy that I got invited to eat with the family. As we all sat together in the dining room, Mr. Matsubara started to ask us on how the house search was going. Sadly, we gave him an answer he wasn't expecting.

"So, no luck in finding a house, huh?" Mr. Matsubara began.

"No..." Kanon added.

"It ended up being a lot harder than we thought." I finished.

"Well, there is no need to feel pressured about this. It took us forever to find a house when we were your age." Mrs. Matsubara said.

No way... I had no idea they had this exact problem we went through.

"I see. But I promise that we're going to find the right house that is perfect for us." I said before facing Kanon with a smile.

"You and your promises." Kanon said and kissed me on the cheek.

"You also said you want to wait until you have a solid career choice, right? Any idea what you want to be?" Mr. Matsubara asked.

"Well, being a physical therapist does sound interesting to me." I said.

Kanon looked at me with widened eyes.

"Huh? What about you being a writer?" She asked.

"It's more a hobby for me than something I want to do as a career." I answered.

Mr. Matsubara smiled at me.

"Well, I think you made the right choice. I hope you can make it a reality." He said.

"Thanks, that means a lot."

"And what about you, Kanon? Any idea on what you want to be in life?" Mrs. Matsubara asked.

"Well, I don't know. Probably something that can help everyone, and put a smile on their faces." She said.

"You mean like a doctor, or something?" I asked.

"Fuee! Me?! A doctor?! I can't picture myself doing that." She said.

"I don't know, I think you'll make a great doctor." I said, and everyone agreed.

But Kanon didn't say anything else for the rest of the dinner. She was too embarrassed to respond, which made her cute.
______________________________________

Many months later...

Location - (L/N)/Matsubara Residence

After waiting for months, it was time for me and Kanon to graduate from our respective schools. There were some tears from my parents when I graduated, and I can bet that it was the same thing for Kanon. Before graduation, though, Kanon and I continued our searches for houses, but as you can expect, our search came up dry.

However, we were to find a house that was close to the University that we're going to in the spring and thanks to Kokoro, we were able to afford it. So now, Kanon and I finally have a special house to call our own.

After getting our stuff moved out of houses and into this new house, Kanon and I couldn't be anymore happier, though this doesn't feel like home, not yet at least.

"This is a wonderful house." I said to Kanon.

"Yes, it is. Though it's strange for me to live in a new house without my parents and little brother." She said. I can understand why she would say that. After living with my parents for so long, I am used to them just being around me a lot.

"I know it's going to be weird for a while, but we can get used it in no time." I said.

"Maybe you're right." Kanon replied with a smile.

Soon after, Kanon and I began unpacking, which took up most of the day. But hey, it was worth it.

To be continued

A/N: And with that, this chapter is done. I hope you guys liked it. See you guys in the next chapter, and have a good one. :)