Chapter 5 - I Want To See You Smile

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

I guess I was starting to feel a little better after my brother's passing. But at the same time, I am still adjusting to it... Ever since I told Kanon what happened, she's been trying to get me out of the house just to hang out with her. But I would reject her everytime. I know she means well, but still... I feel like I should say sorry to her eventually.

I heard my phone buzzing on the nightstand. I looked at it, and saw that it was a text message from Kanon. I thought she would be upset with me or rejecting her invites, but I was wrong. She texted me about something completely different.

Kanon's text: Hey (Y/N)-kun, it's Kanon. I know you want to be alone right now, but there is a surprise waiting for you at Kokoro-chan's. I hope you can come over and see it.

She texted me Kokoro's address so I would know where to find it. What kind of surprise is waiting for me, though? And why is it at Kokoro's? Not wanting to question it, I just gather my stuff, told my parents where I was going since I was home alone, and went to Kokoro's house.
______________________________________

Location - Tsurumaki Residence

On the way to Kokoro's, I might've gotten lost a little bit, but after a few minutes, I was able to find it. I looked up, and noticed the mansion. I had no idea Kokoro lived in a place like this. I also noticed three women in black suits by the front gate. I heard about them from Kanon, they do whatever Kokoro says. I walked over to them.

"Excuse me, I was told to come here by Kanon for a surprise." I said to them.

"Yes, we've been expecting you." One of them said.

"Matsubara-sama and everyone else are waiting for you." The other one added.

"Please, follow us." The last one said as all three of them guided me through Kokoro's front yard.

Looking at Kokoro's front yard has left me... speechless, and how can it not? This is the most amazing front yard I have seen in ages. I would do anything to make my own yard look amazing. After walking for a few minutes, we came across an outdoor stage, as well as a table and a chair with my name on it.

"Have a seat and enjoy the show." One of the suits said as I sat down. I wonder what is going to happen next? I am curious to find out.

The curtain to the stage swung, and appearing before is the Hello, Happy World! girls. I could help but let out a small smile when I saw them.

"Hello! We are Hello, Happy World!!" Kokoro declared. "And our goal is to make the whole world smile with our music!"

"Happy!"

"Lucky!"

"Smile!"

"Yay!"

Hearing them say their signature opening line has made me smile a little more.

"Today, we're doing this mini show for our friend who has been having a hard time smiling!" Kokoro announced as a spotlight was put on me. They're doing all of this for me?

"We hope you enjoy our show! Here is... Smiling & Singing A Song!"
______________________________________

After the performance...

The mini show Hello, Happy World! provided for me ended on a high note. It was the most spectacular thing I have ever witness in a long time. Not only they were singing, but they were also doing magic tricks, and had a firework display towards the end. All of that was enough to put a smile on my face.

After the show was over, the girls walked over to me, and Kokoro was eager to speak up.

"How was it, (Y/N)? Did we put a smile on your face?" She asked.

"Yes, you all did. And you all did a good job on the show as well." I said.

"Fufufu, your kind words means a lot to us, dear prince." Kaoru said.

"But if anything, you should thank Kanon-san for all of this." Michelle said.

"Yes. She was the one who put this whole surprise together just for you." Hagumi added.

"Is that so?" I asked, then looked towards Kanon who walked closer to me.

"I hope you didn't mind this." Kanon began. "When you told me about your brother, I felt like I had to do something to make you smile again."

I had a feeling she would be worried about me, but the fact that she went out of her way to do this... shows how good of a friend she is.

"Thanks, Kanon. This is the best surprise I have ever received." I said with another smile.

Kanon and I hugged each other and the others joined in as well, turning this into a group hug. Afterwards, the hug broke up, and I asked them something important.

"Is it okay with the rest of you if... I join Hello, Happy World!? Maybe not as an official member, but a support member?" I asked.

"Of course you can join!" Kokoro said.

"It'll be more fleeting with you around." Kaoru said.

"Hagumi votes for you to join!" Hagumi said in third person.

"Well, at least it won't just be me and Kanon-san handling these three idiots on wheels by ourselves." Michelle said. Oof, that insult, though... "I also vote for (Y/N) join us."

"Thanks, everyone." I said and faced Kanon.

"Is it okay with you?" I asked her.

Kanon giggled a little bit. 

"Of course. It would mean a lot to me if you joined us, and it means I get to spend more time with you." Kanon said as she gave me a cute smile on her own.

Thanks to Hello, Happy World! now, I feel like I can officially let go of the sadness that was holding me down, and embrace a possible happy future.

To be continued

A/N: Hope you guys like chapter five, and be sure to look forward to chapter six. :)