Chapter 2 - Rest In Peace

Location - (L/N) Residence

Your POV

After taking Kanon back to her house, I came home to an empty one. All the lights were turned off. No one was here. It was almost creepy. I turned on the lights to the living room, and sat down on the living room couch, wondering where my parents were.

"That's strange..." I said to myself. "I thought for sure that they would be home before I got back."

I checked my phone to see if they left any messages. And it turns out they did left a text message. It was from my mom, and after reading it, my heart nearly sank into the ground.

"T-This can't be happening..." I said to myself as I start to cry a little, then I grabbed my stuff and ran to the hospital as fast as I could to see everyone. I hope I can make it.
______________________________________

Location - The Hospital

I made it to the hospital as fast as I could. And already, I found my mom crying while my dad began to comfort her. Was I too late? Did my brother died already? This has to be a dream or something because I refuse to accept this.

"Oh son, thank goodness you're here." My father said.

"I... came as soon as I read mom's text." I said. "How's Haruto?"

"Actually, Haruto is... getting ready to go into the afterlife." The doctor said as he walked towards me. Oh no, this is exactly what I was afraid of.

"Can't you save him doc?!" I pleaded.

"I tried, but his condition keeps getting worse." The doc replied.

"There's nothing more he can do, son. Looks like you are going to lose your brother." My mother said.

I fell silent, unsure what to say. I can't think what is going to happen next with my brother gone.

"Do you... want a moment alone with your brother?" The doc asked.

"Yeah, I would like that very much." I said.

The doc and my parents left the room and I went over to my brother, who was hooked up to machines. I pulled up a chair and looked at him.

"H-Hey, bro..." Haruto said in a weak voice. It looks like he was trying to hold the illness back.

"Hey Haruto, is it true that you're dying?" I asked.

"Yes. I tried to stay alive so I can be with my big brother again, but I don't think that is going to be the case." He replied, and started to cough.

"It's okay, buddy. You tried your best to fight it." I said as tears start to roll down my face.

"All the same, I am going to miss you." I added. "You might've been my only brother, but you were the best little brother I have ever had."

"And you were the best big brother I have ever had. Thank you for everything." Haruto said as he gave me one last weak smile.

After that, he shut his eyes and stopped breathing altogether. Rest in peace, Haruto, the best brother in the world. You are in a better place now.
______________________________________

A few days later...

Location - Residential Area

I used to think that I would always have a happy life, where I would smile 24/7, and not worry about anything else. But I guess that wasn't the case anymore. When my brother died, a funeral was arranged for my the day after he died. Everyone from my family attended it, and buried his body into the ground. And everyday since then, my parents and I made it our mission to go to his grave everyday no matter how busy we were.

Right now, I felt like I needed some time to be alone, so I decided to take a stroll through the neighborhood. It was quiet and peaceful over here, there wasn't anyone around for miles, but I would be wrong...

"Fueeee... How did I end up all the way here?!" That voice...

I turned the corner and there was Kanon, looking around and feeling rather scared, just like when I first met her at the hospital. I felt like being alone, but I should at least help her, so I walked towards her.

"Hi there, Kanon." I called out, trying not to sound too depressed.

"Oh (Y/N)-kun, I am so happy to see you!" She said as she came over to give me a hug.

"Me too." I replied, hugging her back. "Did you get lost again?"

"Yeah. I was suppose to meet Misaki-chan at this new cafe, but... I somehow ended up all the way here." Kanon explained.

"Oh, I see. What cafe were you trying to go to?" I asked.

She showed me a picture of it on her phone.

"I know where that is." I said. "I'll take you to where it is."

"You will? Thanks, (Y/N)-kun." Kanon said as she gave me a sweet smile.

"Umm, yeah, no problem..." I replied, blushing.

Kanon and I began to make our over to that cafe to meet up with Misaki, and to make sure she doesn't get lost along the way, I held her hand, which made me blush a little bit as well.
______________________________________

Location - The Cafe

We found the cafe, and standing towards the entrance was Misaki. I can tell by that look on her face that she is happy to see that her bandmate was safe. Although, she was a bit surprised to see me with Kanon.

"Kanon-san, thank goodness you're safe." She said.

"Yeah... I got lost again." Kanon awkwardly replied.

"But I was able to be here thanks to (Y/N)-kun." Kanon said before looking at me.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, just happy to help." I said.

Misaki gave me a smile.

"If you want, (Y/N)-san, you can join me and Kanon-san for some cup of tea." She offered.

"I don't think I should..." I said.

"Huh? Why not?" Kanon asked.

"Sorry, I don't want to talk about it." I said.

I said farewell to the two girls and walked away from them, trying to not shed any tears in front of them, especially in front of Kanon. I just hope I didn't worry them too much.

To be continued

A/N: And that is all she wrote for chapter 2. I hope you guys liked it. Now with My Boppin' Love completed, this is where my focus is right now. See you in the next chapter. :)