Chapter 6 - Writing Dream

A few weeks later...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

I felt like I haven't been doing much writing ever since my brother passed away. But now that I am feeling better thanks to the girls of Hello, Happy World!, I feel like now it is a good opportunity to jump right back into it. After all, I told my parents that I would find a way to get back into writing, even if it takes me forever to do it.

There is something I should say about my writing, though... I am not exactly the best at it. My grammar is not exactly the best, my sentences tend to drag on longer than they should be, and I don't even try to use commas within said sentences. My teachers and classmates would often notice these things every chance they got. So every weekend, I would try to spend an hour practicing my writing skills, hoping that they'll improve. However, one weekend, my training was interrupted by my phone receiving a text.

"Who could this be?" I asked myself as I looked at my phone.

It was a text message from Kanon. She and I have been texting each other a lot lately, and I have grown rather fond of her nowadays.

Kanon's text: Hey (Y/N)-kun, are you busy? Do you think you can come meet me at Hazawa Coffee?

Your text: I guess I can come over. Did you want to hang out or something?

Kanon's text: Yes, and I have two friends who are dying to meet you.

Two friends, huh? I am a bit curious about them myself. I guess meeting them couldn't hurt.

Your text: Sure thing. I'll be there as soon as I can.

Kanon's text: Sweet! See you soon. :)

I think going to see Kanon might be a good thing since I needed a break from my writing training. So I gather my things and headed out the door. However, right when I got outside, I saw that the sky was all gray, like it could rain at any moment.

"Well, hopefully I can get home in time before it gets worse." I said as I start to make my way to Hazawa Coffee.
______________________________________

Location - Hazawa Coffee

Thankfully, it didn't rain yet as I made it over to Hazawa Coffee. As soon as I arrived, there was Kanon, along with two other girls. One had pink hair and pink eyes, and the other was a blonde with purple eyes. They do look familiar, though.

"Hi Kanon, I hope I didn't keep you waiting." I said.

"Not at all." Kanon replied. "These are the girls I wanted you to meet."

"Hi there, my name is Maruyama Aya." Aya said as she smiled at me.

"Hello, and I am Shirasagi Chisato." Chisato said as she smiled, as well.

Now I know why these two look familiar, they're from Pastel*Palettes, and I've seen Chisato a lot on TV. My mom is a fan of hers, and it's hard to believe that they're close to my age.

"Oh wow, Aya-san! Chisato-san!" I said in amazement as the two girls were taken aback.

"Oh, are you a fan?" Chisato asked.

"Ob yes, I've been keeping track of all of Pastel*Palettes' activities." I said.

"That's good to know." Aya replied. "And Kanon-chan has told us so much about you, right Chisato-chan?"

"Yes. She speaks so highly of you, so we just had to meet you right away." Chisato added.

Kanon began to blush a little bit.