Chapter 17 - Our Paths To The Future

A week later...

Location - (L/N)/Matsubara Residence, Living Room

Your POV

We made it through the first week of living alone, though it is going to take some time before we can call this place our home. Still, though, we were able to make this dream come true, and it wouldn't be possible without the support from my parents, as well as Kokoro for being able to pay off this whole house for us.

After a while, however, Kanon began to feel a little strange, like she was in deep thought about something. I did my best to ask her what was wrong, but she didn't say a single word to me. But when the next day came, I decided I wasn't going to keep quiet. Something was wrong with my Kanon, and I am going to find out what it is.

"Kanon, is everything okay with you?" I asked as we sat down on the couch with my arm around her. 

"I guess I am." She replied, then sigh.

"Look, Kanon, if something is bothering you, you can always talk to me about it." I said.

"Really?" She asked and looked towards me.

"Yes, of course. Like how you've been there for me, I would like to be there for you for a change." I said and kissed her softly on the lips.

Kanon blushed a little, then she let out another sigh.

"The truth is, I have been thinking about what my parents said to me a while ago." She began.

"What do you mean?" I asked, but then, I began to remember.

"Oh wait, you mean when they asked you about what you want to do in your life?" I asked.

Kanon nodded.

"They really did suggest that I should become a doctor because they say I'll look good as one, but..."

"But?"

"It might not be what I want to do in life." She said.

"Well... what do you want to do, then?" I asked her.

"I don't know, but I know I can't be a doctor." She replied.

"You can't? Why not?"

"I'm too clumsy to be one. If I were to be one, I know I would just mess up right away." She said and start to breakdown, crying.

This is much more serious than I thought it was going to be. I know Kanon doesn't have to be a doctor, but I feel bad that she is pressured into this. I start to comfort her, and began to come up with an idea.

"Kanon, what if we invite everyone over and see what careers they've chosen?" I suggested. "Maybe they can give you some ideas."

Kanon wiped the tears from her eyes and nodded for a yes. Then I grabbed my phone and started contacting them. I just hope this works...
______________________________________

Moments later...

It took a while for the members of Hello, Happy World! to show up. When they did show up, they got a good look around the house, and they were amazed by everything they were looking at. Well, Kokoro, Kaoru and Hagumi were at least. Misaki just stayed calm and tried to keep them in order, like she always does.

Eventually, we all gathered in the living room with tea that was prepared by Kanon.

"Ah, this tea is so good. Thanks for making it, Kanon-san." Misaki said.

"It's no problem, I'm just happy that everyone is here." Kanon replied.

"So, what should we talk about?" Kokoro asked.

"Actually, if it's okay with you guys, I want to ask what everyone is doing for their career choices." I said.

"Well, for me, I am going to start my own restaurant business, and I am going to name it The Fleet." Kaoru said. Sounds like something Kaoru will do.

"I decided I am going to be a coach for one of the local high school teams." Hagumi said. Wow, Kaoru and Hagumi have excellent paths to follow.

"That is amazing. What about you two?" Kanon asked Kokoro and Misaki.

"Misaki and I are going to be pigs!" Kokoro declared.

"Pigs?"

"She means cops." Misaki sighed.

"Oh!" Kanon and I said in unison.

"And what about you two?" Misaki asked.

"Well, I know I want to be a physical therapist." I said. "But Kanon, though..."

All eyes were on Kanon, who didn't look happy.

"Kano-chan-senpai, what's the matter?" Hagumi asked.

"My parents think I should be a doctor, but I don't have the confidence in myself to do it." She said.

"I think you should go for it." Kokoro said.

"Really?"

"Of course! I think you would make a wonderful doctor." Kokoro said.

"I would think so, too!" Hagumi agreed.

"We believe in you 100%." Kaoru said.

"And of course, if you need any help, you can always count on us." Misaki said.

"Everyone..." Kanon spoke softly before looking towards me.

"You know I'll support you no matter what you do." I said while smiling.

Kanon smiled at me, then...

"Okay, I think I am willing to give it a try." She said.

"Wait, really?!" I exclaimed.

"Yes. It might not be easy, but I can give it a try as long as I have all of you by my side." She said.

And of course, we're all going to provide our support to Kanon. Also, since we got our first day of university around the corner, this will give Kanon the opportunity to make a fresh start. But the question is, can all of us make our dreams come true?

To be continued

A/N: This will be the last chapter for the day, I promise. I hope you guys like it. The last few chapters might not be as long as the others, so be prepared for that. See you in the next chapter, and have a good one. :)