Chapter 20 - Aquarium Theme Wedding

A few hours before the wedding...

Location - The Church

Your POV

At long last, the moment I have been waiting for is finally year. Today is the day that I am going to get married to the girl of my dreams, Matsubara Kanon. Although, I do feel a little nervous knowing everyone is going to be staring at me and Kanon from the altar, but I'm trying not to let it get to me. At least, I hope I don't.

For the wedding, we decided to do an Aquarium theme. There were fish tanks on each side of the church, the walls have been painted with jellyfish, and the outfits were blue, like the ocean itself. Having this kind of wedding was a good idea because it'll make Kanon feel less nervous, unlike me who is full of nerves right now.

"How do you feel son?" My father asked.

"Oh, words can't express how nervous I am right now." I said as I began to take a few deep breaths while having my hand over my chest.

My father began to chuckle.

"You remind me a bit of myself when I was your age." He said.

"Huh? Is that so?" I asked.

"Yeah. When I was getting ready to married to your mother, I was nervous myself." He explained. I never would've thought my dad would be the nervous type.

"I see. And how did you overcome your nerves?" I asked.

"Simple. I just kept my eyes on the bride, and not look out at the crowd." He advised.

"Alright, I'll try to keep that in mind." I said, now I was starting to feel less nervous, thanks to my dad.

"And besides, you never know, Kanon could be just as nervous as you are." My father said.

I guess I can see that happening. Kanon is known for being shy and nervous so easily, and that made me feel even less nervous. Now I can't wait to for wedding to get started, but I can't seen not everyone is here yet.

Eventually, the guests started to arrive and the priest joined me by the altar.

"Looks like almost everything is ready to go." The priest said.

"That's right. The only thing missing now is Kanon." I replied. I just hope she doesn't get cold feet at the last minute. After all, she's been wanting this wedding as much as I do.

Just then, the doors were opened and the piano started playing. We all stared in amazement, as Kanon entered the scene with a beautiful blue wedding dress. Standing next to her was her father, and they walked down the aisle. My heart wouldn't stop racing, she was just so beautiful.

A few minutes later, Kanon standing in front of me at the altar, and she gave me a smile.

"Wow, Kanon, you really do look beautiful in that wedding dress." I said, and that made her quite happy.

"Thanks, (Y/N)-kun, and that tuxedo you're wearing is making you quite handsome." She said and that made me happy, too.

Now that everything was ready to go, the ceremony can officially begin.
______________________________________

No POV

"Ladies and gentlemen, we gather here today join Matsubara Kanon-san and (Y/N) (L/N)-san in holy matrimony." The priest began.

The two smiled at each other.

"Before we begin, if there is a reason why these two shouldn't be together, speak now or forever hold your peace." He added.

Silence has fallen.

"Very well, we will now start. Kanon-san, do you take (Y/N)-san to be your lawfully wedded husband?" He asked the blue-haired girl.

"I do." She answered.

He looked towards (Y/N).

"And do you, (Y/N)-san, take Kanon-san to be your lawfully wedded wife?" He asked.

"I do." He answered.

"And with that, we can begin to exchange wedding rings."

They put the rings on their left ring fingers, then the priest spoke again.

"And now, by the power vested in me, I pronounce you two husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." He said.

They smiled at each other and shared a kiss, then the church began to erupt with claps and cheers for happy couple. Kanon took the bouquet of flowers she had and tossed it behind her, which was caught by a minor female character.

After that, (Y/N) picked up Kanon bridal style and carried her out of the church and headed off to the reception area, so the that the party can officially began.

To be continued

A/N: That concludes chapter 20, and now, there is only the epilogue to look forward to, which will be published tomorrow. Be sure to look forward to it, and have a good one. :)