Chapter 18 - Our New Lives

A few months later...

Location - (L/N)/Matsubara Residence

Your POV

As you might recall, the members of Hello, Happy World! and I got together, and we had a discussion on what careers we wanted to do. Kokoro and Misaki were going to be cops together, Kaoru was going to start a restaurant business, Hagumi was going to be a couch for a high school sports team, Kanon was going to be a doctor, despite her nerves getting the better of her, and I set off to become a physical therapist.

Also, our first year at the University has begun. It was me, Kaoru and Kanon for now, then Kokoro, Hagumi and Misaki will be able to join us next year. While the school year was going on, Kanon began to make some changes about herself. She wasn't as clumsy as much, didn't get lost as much now, and she was studying for her classes more than me. I would like to say that she is doing all of this for me, but I think something else is responsible for all of this.

"I'm home!" I said as I walked in the house after coming home from the university.

I had the feeling that Kanon was going to beat me here, and I was right. I found her at the table in the dining room, studying medical stuff, and it looked like she was going to pass out.

"Kanon, why not take a short break for a few minutes?" I suggested as I came over and rubbed her shoulders.

"I probably should, but I am almost done here." She said.

I looked at the stuff that was in front of Kanon. There were a few textbooks in front of her and papers as well.

"Have you been doing this since you got home?" I asked.

"Yeah, I have." Kanon replied as she nodded. "This is all because of the medical program I signed up for."

Medical program? This is the first time she brought it up.

"What medical program?" I asked.

"The medical program I signed up for at school." She explained.

"You could say that it is a short cut to becoming a doctor." I said. I guess that would be better than being in medical school for over a decade.

"That is interesting. And how long do you have to be in this program?" I asked.

"Probably six years, starting now." She said.

Hearing that made me a bit worried. That would mean that I would have to graduate first, and she would graduate second.

"Six years, huh? Do you think you can handle that?" I asked.

"Yeah, I hope so. I came this far, and I want to see this through to the end." She said with determination in her voice.

Wow, I never seen Kanon act like this before. To think, she went from someone who was unsure about being a doctor, to someone will wants to be one. I couldn't be anymore proud of her.

"I understand. I'll leave you be so you can finish. If you need me, I'll be at work." I said and gave her a kiss.

"Okay, have fun." She replied and kissed me back before I walked out of the house and headed to CiRCLE.
______________________________________

Six years later...

Kanon's POV

These years have gone by like it was nothing. But I must admit, there were a few bumps along the way, but at least we were able to make the most of it. (Y/N) was able to graduate a few years ago and became a physical therapist full time. It broke Marina's heart when he had to leave CiRCLE, but she was happy for him, like me.

And now, it was my turn to graduate. My parents, my brother, and of course, my (Y/N) came out to see me. The graduation ceremony began with the principal saying a few words, then the degrees were being passed out, and it ended with the student council saying some final words. After that, me, along with the other students, made our way to our friends and family.

"Congratulations, Kanon!" My mom said and hugged me tight.

"Thanks mom." I said and hugged her back.

"You worked hard and now you're a certified doctor, right?" My father asked.

"Almost. I have to undergo training at the hospital first, which might be for a whole week." I explained.

"And you can do it, sis." My brother said.

"He's right. If you can handle six years looking at medical stuff, then you can handle a week of training." (Y/N) said.

"Thanks you two. I promise to be the best doctor I can be." I said.

And now, both me and (Y/N) are done with school and have careers, the only thing left to do is to get married. But that can wait until next time.

To be continued

A/N: Chapter 18 is completely done now. Thank you guys for reading and I hope you guys liked it. Keep in mind that the stuff that was mentioned in this chapter, aka the medical program, is purely made up. I figured it would be better to do that than doing a chapter on medical school. See you guys in the next chapter and have a good one. :)