2.

2.

Headache

-⁛-

Percy POV

I woke up when I heard my alarm ring.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I groaned and turned it off. I slept very poorly last night. Even though I fell asleep as soon as I climbed into bed, I woke up every 30 minutes to a throbbing head and feeling nauseous. I tried to ignore it, but it wouldn't go away. I rubbed my temples, massaged my forehead, tried some Advil but it wouldn't go away. So I just tossed and turned all night. I was sure there were circles under my eyes and when I went to the washroom to brush my teeth, sure enough there were circles and they were very dark. I didn't even brush my hair.

I sighed and got dressed and went to eat breakfast. My mom and Paul was already sitting at the table, talking in hushed whispers.

When they saw me, there eyes widened.

"Yeah. I know. I look like a zombie," I muttered.

"Oh, Sweetie. How are you feeling today?" My mom asked.

I thought about lying. Saying that I was fine, but I knew my look said anything but fine.

"Terrible," I admitted.

"What's your definition of terrible?" Paul asked.

"I have a terrible headache, and I'm feeling dizzy and I'm kinda nauseous. Oh, and I slept terrible last night, so I'm exhausted," I said.

The looked at each other. "What?" I asked.

"Well, honey, we were thinking maybe you should stay home and rest today. You can ask Drew to bring your homework for you." Sally said.

I groaned and slapped my forehead.

"What's wrong?" my mom asked in concern.

"Nothing, I totally forgot about Drew. If I don't go over to her house today, she'll kill me. And I'm in enough pain at the moment," I said.

"I'm sure she'll understand," mom said.

"She's Drew. You have it her way or she hates you. I have to go. Plus, I have swimming today," I added.

My mom looked at me reluctantly. "Okay, but if you don't feel well, then you let me know and I'll come pick you up. Okay?"

"Okay," I agreed.

We ate the rest of breakfast in silence and I got in the car. My mom offered to drive me because I was feeling dizzy so I agreed.

Everyone in the school knew me. I guess you could say I was one of the popular students, so when I got out of the car, looking like a mess, a bunch of girls came over and asked me if I was okay. I said I was just tired and I'll be fine just so that they would leave me alone and they did.

I walked up to Jason, Leo, Grover and Frank, who were just standing there.

"Whoa," Frank said, when he saw me.

Jason and Leo all turned around. "Dude." Jason said.

"Are you okay, Percy?" Leo asked.

"I know. I look like a zombie. I slept so bad last night and I'm exhausted," I explained.

"Are you still not feeling well?" Leo said loudly. "Jason told me about it."

"Shhhh!" I whispered as all the girls over heard and ran over to me.