57.

57.

The End

-⁛-

When people talk about Percy Jackson, they'll tell you that he was a swimmer, football player, and basketball player. They'll even tell you that he once was captain of all 3 teams. 

They'll tell you that he was dyslexic but he tried really hard in class - although it did include a lot of fooling around. He had ADHD and was always extremely fidgety. 

They'll tell you that he was a kind, loving, and supportive friend. Always there to cheer you up even when he wasn't happy himself. 

They'll tell you that he was the most popular boy in school. All the girls loved him. Some guys too. They'll tell you that his sea green eyes were the best, along with his famous troublemaker smirk. 

But there's only so much you can see through looks. 

People won't tell you that he loved eating his mother's famous blue cookies. That he'd stay up all night begging for one and when he finally got one, he'd eat it right away. 

They won't tell you that he was a mama's boy. Always showing off his mom to his friends. Always kissing her and hugging her. Never embarrassed. 

They definitely won't tell you that he loved his little sister, Estelle. They were close, very close. He even convinced her into his troublemaking ways. And I still remember the day when she cried into my arms when I came over. 

They'll tell you that his favorite color was blue. Few would tell you it was gray, but they wouldn't tell you why. It was because my eyes were gray. And he loved me more than anything. 

They don't know that Percy enjoyed his cuddles and late night snuggles more than anything. Whether it was with his sister, with me or his friends. Just that his needs were fulfilled. 

They don't know that he was a people-pleaser. Often called a player because of how many people he's dated. But they won't tell you that he was extremely loyal. He would punch a guy if they flirted with his girlfriend. 

They don't know that he would do anything to see you smile, even try to take back words so that you wouldn't cry. He'd show up at 3 AM in the morning to replace the flowers he gave you the night before.

They don't know that he was constantly struggling with life. His relationships were a distraction for him. His father didn't love him. He and his cousin fell out several times. 

They don't know how many times he felt like giving up. How many times he almost gave up. 

They don't know that he was scared of becoming the little boy he once used to be. They don't know about his past. 

They don't know that he never liked to see me cry. He would pretend he was fine if that meant I wouldn't worry. 

They don't know that he was more scared of what would happen to me and his friends when he was gone. That he was more afraid of the unknown than he was of imminent death. 

They don't know that he's had his heart broken several times. Over and over again. 

And now it was my turn. 

They don't know that without him here, I feel like nothing. Without him, And slowly, it's breaking me. And soon, all you'll see was the shell of a girl who was worthy of being loved by someone like Percy Jackson. 

They don't know that when I got the call informing me of his passing, it sent me crashing down to my knees, sobs wracking my body. And that was when my fear came true. The boy that I had loved was now gone.