4.

4.

Swim Practice

-⁛- 

Percy POV

I woke up when I heard someone yelling. Maybe they weren't yelling. I don't know. I wasn't aware of what was going on. My head was still hurting so I didn't open my eyes. Soon, I fell back asleep again. 

***

When I came to, my eyes blurred. My head hurt. I groaned and slowly opened my eyes. 

The first thing I saw was a pair of stormy gray eyes looking at me. It slowly registered and I knew who it was. 

"Annabeth?" I whispered. "Jason?"

Annabeth and Jason both stared at me. "Percy! You're awake!" they cheerede. 

I winced as I sat up. "What happened?" 

I only remembered a few things that happened. Technically, I only remembered that I had passed out. 

Annabeth and Jason exchanged looks. "What?" I asked. 

"Well... you passed out... your girlfriend threatened to kill us... your girlfriend's obnoxious... she's a pain... I don't know why you're dating her... did I mention she threatened to kill us?" Jason rambled. 

I shook my head. "What? Drew threatened to kill you guys?" 

"I wouldn't say she threatened to kill us... it was more like she promised to kill us," Annabeth said. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"Uh..." Jason and I looked at each other. Should we tell him? 

"She said she would kill us if anything happened to you," Jason whistled. "What a girlfriend you have there." 

Annabeth bit back a laugh. 

I was confused. Just then the bell rang. I tried to get up but Annabeth blocked me. "Where do you think you're going, Seaweed Brain?" 

"Uh... to swim practice?" I said. 

Annabeth and Jason laughed. "You think that you can just go to swim practice after you just passed out?" Annabeth asked. 

"Why not? I'm fine!" I insisted. 

"Sure. Whatever you say, Percy," Jason said sarcastically. 

"I am! I have to go before I'm late! Coach Hedge would kill me and he would give me a long lecture on how being on time is important for a captain." I shifted my voice down a few octaves. "Percy, being a captain has a lot of responsibilities. Like being on time. You have to be responsible. You have to be a leader. I can't have a captain who's never on time! If you do that again, you're fired!" I changed my voice back. "Yes, coach." 

Annabeth and Jason burst out laughing. "Yeah, that does sound like him." Annabeth giggled. 

The nurse rushed in. "Oh! You're awake!" 

"Yeah. And I'm fine," I replied. 

Annabeth and Jason cocked an eyebrow and shook there heads. "Yeah, that's what you always say." 

"Cause I am!" I insisted. 

The nurse pursed her lips. "You should go home now." 

"I can't! I have swimming!" I said. 

Everyone sighed. 

"I'm sure Hedge would understand," Jason said. 

"No. He wouldn't," I argued.